Billerica, MA (PRWEB) August 28, 2013
GXT Green has been recognized as the winner of the "Business of the Year" award by the Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce. The Mass Chamber of Commerce selects the Business of the Year Recipient from nominees that put forth the effort to make Massachusetts a better place to do business through their work and their actions. GXT Green was selected due to its leadership in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green's charter is encapsulated in their tagline "Economics meeting Ecology". They help clients achieve this goal through a focused set of products and services that includes:
- ECOgrade™ photodegradable bag, which replace plastic grocery bags with a product that solves the plastic pollution problem with a non-toxic alternative at no additional cost.
- ECOgrade resin, the underlying ingredient for ECOgrade bags, which is a low-cost alternative to plastic, with significantly reduced environmental impact.
- ECO-R3SP™ suspension packaging which replaces Styrofoam and polystyrene packaging with a reusable and more sustainable alternative.
- Sustainability consulting services to help companies address their energy use and carbon footprint with economically viable sustainable services, along with marketing programs to leverage their successes.
- Management and marketing of verified Carbon Offsets, most notably those based on REDD+ forestry projects.
This award comes on the heels of GXT Green's recognition last month as the Silver award winner in both the Product of the Year and Most Innovative Product of the Year categories in Best in Biz Awards 2013 International.
Manas Chatterjee, CEO of GXT Green commented "We have won several awards around the world based on the innovation and success of our products over the past few years. However, it is especially gratifying to be recognized by the Mass Chamber of Commerce here at home for our business practices and the benefits we bring to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."
The award will be presented at the Mass Chamber's Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony on November 12, 2013 at the DoubleTree in Westborough, MA. For more information about the Mass Chamber Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony please contact the chamber office at (413) 525-2506 or http://www.massachusettschamberofcommerce.com.
About GXT Green
GXT Green, where "Economics Meets Ecology” is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green supports clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products that address urgent environmental concerns such as plastic bags and Styrofoam packaging pollution. Products include ECOgrade™ photo-degradable bags; the underlying ECOgrade Resin additive which can be used as a cost effective and sustainable plastic resin alternative; and the ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution.
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance corporate brands. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green and the ECOgrade bag have received recognition as Runner-up International Sustainability Consultancy of the year from BusinessGreen, 2011; Consumer Product of the Year from MassTLC, 2012; Innovation of the Year Finalist from SBANE, 2013; Silver Award Winner as Consumer Product of the Year and Most Innovative Product of the Year, Best in Biz Awards International, 2013; and Business of the Year from the Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce, 2013.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc., which a global leader in technology, infrastructure and domain expertise that facilitates the establishment of next-generation financial and commodity exchanges. http://www.GxtGreen.com
About The Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce
The Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce provides information, education and advocacy for businesses throughout the Commonwealth. The Mass Chamber is holding an Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony on November 12, 2013 at the DoubleTree in Westborough, MA. The day will feature Keynote Speaker, Larry Johnson, co-author of the highly acclaimed, top-selling book, Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk And Rewards Integrity, three breakout sessions (topics: Legislative, Human Resources, Leadership), and afternoon speaker, Michael J. Widmer, President of Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation who will discuss State and local fiscal, tax and economic policies. http://www.massachusettschamberofcommerce.com.