Indulge a Love of Spirits, Stogies and Travel with Tours and Activities from Viator.com
Travel to London, Scotland and Poland as well as the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and more to learn the finer points of fermentation, distilling and rolling cigars - with sampling opportunities along the way.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 28, 2013
The team at Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, is thinking outside the box (of wine) and is highlighting a select group of tours for travelers to sip their stronger spirits in style. From learning the finer points of fermentation and distilling to tasting such libations as whiskey, rum and sake, travelers to destinations like Brooklyn, San Juan and Edinburgh can enjoy their favorite varietals, along with a few suggestions for a first-hand look at custom hand-rolled cigar making as well. After all, cigars and spirits often go hand in hand.
- The Brooklyn Brewery, Winery and Distillery Tour with Lunch packs a lot of beverage punch including a visit to New York Distilling Company which crafts premium liquor like gin and rye and is committed to using local, sustainably produced ingredients.
- Captain Jack Sparrow would approve of Viator’s new Rum Tasting in Old San Juan tour, a one-hour tasting session of four unique rums. The Rum Distillery and Old San Juan Half-Day Tour visits Bacardi, the world’s largest rum distillery.
- Experience the complex world of Scotch whisky with the Whisky Tasting and Dinner in Edinburgh at a renowned gastropub including a one-hour tasting session paired with a decadent three-course dinner. The 3-Day Speyside Whisky Tour from Edinburgh visits Scotland’s principle malt whiskey producing region and the Dalwhinnie, Benromach, Cardhu and Glenlivet distilleries, with tastings and samples galore.
- The Private Tour: Gin Tour of London includes visits to a Victorian gin palace with time to savor two glasses of the much-loved London beverage.
- Vodka lovers will enjoy the Russian Vodka Museum Tour in St Petersburg complete with samplings, or the three-hour Warsaw Night Tour and Bar Crawl by Communist-Era Fire Engine, where guests can enjoy Polish vodka with herring – a local specialty.
- Taste the culture of Japan with the Fushimi Inari and Sake Brewery Tour, home to some of the best sakes in Japan, and the Kyoto Cooking Class, Sake Tasting and Nishiki Food Market Walking Tour, which includes a visit to a sake brewery museum and a class on how to make rolled sushi and miso soup.
- Learn how high-quality cigars are made in the Dominican Republic on the La Romana Cigar Factory Tour from Punta Cana or the Santiago and Jarabacoa Waterfalls tour.
- Shop for hand-rolled cigars in Puerto Rico on the San Juan Market Small-Group Tasting Tour.
- Enjoy a culinary and cultural experience in Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood – including the age-old tradition of rolling cigars – on the Little Havana Food and Walking Tour in Miami and the Little Havana Bike and Food Tour.
Of course, for those who want to stay inside the box (of wine), Viator offers many fine wine-tasting activities and vineyard tours as well as a growing selection of beer-focused excursions and pub crawls as well. For more information on Viator, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, travelers can check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the Viator on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.