(PRWEB) August 30, 2013
Photography enthusiasts can take great pictures of alligator swamps, cemeteries, mansions, French Quarters architecture and much more during a weekend of photography instruction in New Orleans.
PhotoTour New Orleans is hosting a weekend photography workshop Nov. 1-3, 2013 where you learn to take great pictures while experiencing the best of the Big Easy.
"I went in 2012, and it was amazing!" said Phil Anctil, a former PhotoTour New Orleans attendee. "It was probably the best thing I've ever done to improve my photography - the variety of shots - the learning and help while shooting. Can't say enough about it." (See more feedback from last year's attendees at http://www.phototourneworleans.com/best-of-2012.)
The weekend will consist of photo tours that focus on the:
- Distinct architecture of the French Quarter;
- History and influence of the music throughout the city;
- Unmistakable wildlife of the Alligator swamplands;
- Picturesque decay of cemetery tombs;
- Serenity of the Mississippi River at night; and
- Allure of the famed St. Charles Street Cars.
“Our New Orleans photo tour lets you capture the culture, history and energy of the Crescent City through a series of excursions with professional photo coach at your side,” said Lynford Morton, who leads PhotoTour New Orleans. (Learn more about the weekend photo opportunities with the video at http://www.phototourneworleans.com/video.)
During the excursions, you will experience workshops that develop your skills in:
- Architectural Photography;
- Night Photography;
- Storytelling and Photojournalism;
- Landscape & Nature Photography; and
- People & Street Photography.
“You can expect daily lessons, personal assignments, photo coaching during your excursion, and individual critiques,” says Morton. “This is a learning vacation like no other.”
Photography workshops are led by Morton, a New Orleans native and second-generation photographer who founded PhotoTour Excursions in 2009. He has since trained thousands of photographers on his signature excursions.
Learn more about PhotoTour New Orleans at http://www.phototourneworleans.com.
About PhotoTour Excursions
PhotoTour Excursions teaches photography principles during walking workshops. We are best known for taking thousands of photographers on walking workshops around Washington, DC’s picturesque neighborhoods, earning a 98 percent approval rating from attendees. In addition, PhotoTour Excursions helps photographers learn, share and grow with:
- PhotoCoachPro - a weekly blog focused on teaching and inspiring emerging and enthusiast photographers (http://www.photocoachpro.com);
- Free Photo Webinars - an online destination for photography information and inspiration (http://www.freephotowebinars.com); and
- Shutterbug Excursions - the DC-based Meetup group of photography enthusiasts who gather to shoot & share. (http://www.shutterbugexcursions.com).