Garmin Edge Touring Bike Computer at HRWC

Share Article

Garmin Edge Touring is a new bike computer offering turn-by-turn directions, color maps and navigation similar to a car GPS according to the Heart Rate Watch Company.

garmin edge touring, edge touring, buy garmin edge touring, buy edge touring

Garmin Edge Touring Offers Detailed Metrics and Touch Screen Navigation

Edge Touring's micro SD card offers highly detailed maps and turn-by-turn instructions just like your car's GPS.

Past News Releases


Garmin Edge Touring is an exciting new bike computer that offers full color maps with turn-by-turn directions according to the Heart Rate Watch Company.

Touch Screen

Edge Touring uses a full color touch screen technology just like that in Garmin's Edge 810 and Edge 510 bike computers. "Edge Touring's micro SD card offers highly detailed maps and turn-by-turn instructions just like your car's GPS," says Rusty Squire, President of the Heart Rate Watch Company.

Cost and Availability

The Garmin Edge Touring will retail for $249.99 and is available now for advanced ordering at the Heart Rate Watch Company with anticipated delivery of mid-September. "I'd recommend getting orders in now for those who are interested because early stock is always a guess," says Squire.

Suited to the Other 99%

Only about 1% of the cycling population races bikes, so the new Garmin Edge Touring is for the other 99% according to Squire. He adds, "I used to be a bike racer but a lot of us as we age don't want to take the risk of wrecks so touring has a lot more appeal," says Squire.

Get Directions and Find Monuments Anywhere

"Garmin Edge Touring has up to 200 way points and you can navigate right to any one of them from your present location," says Squire. He adds, "For touring and riding in unfamiliar areas, it is the closet thing you can get to having a car GPS attached to your handlebars."

Use the Optional Out Front Bike Mount

"You can use the Garmin Edge Out Front bike mount with the new Edge Touring," says Squire. He adds, "This is far preferable from a safety perspective because it puts the bike computer out in front of you thereby keeping your eyes on the road."

Edge Touring Plus

"For those wanting heart rate, you can get the Garmin Edge Touring Plus for $299.99 but the Garmin premium soft strap 2 is an extra option," says Squire.

"If you'd like to talk to a bike computer expert, then simply call us at 866-586-7129," says Squire.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Rusty Squire, President

Tarie Beck, CFO
since: 04/2011
Follow >
Heart Rate Watch Company
since: 02/2010
Like >
Heart Rate Watch Company

Follow us on
Visit website