"We are extremely excited to be a part of this wonderful family's journey”, states Vanzil Burke, president of Burke Management.
Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) August 31, 2013
“Six Little McGhees,” which follows the inspirational lives of Mia and Rozonno McGhee as they juggle marriage, a family business and their six adorable two-year-olds, returns Saturday, September 7 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
To watch a sneak peek of the season (with embed code) click here:
Mom Mia McGhee shares Six Little Tips on making life easier when raising multiple kids, including tips on preparing healthy meals and getting kids to fall asleep.
Mia McGhee’s Six Little Tips For Preparing Healthy Meals For Kids:
1. When making oatmeal, use fruit instead of adding sugar.
2. Freeze grapes as a snack instead of popsicles.
3. Prepare meals in advance so you are not tempted to grab easy junk food.
4. Blend or chop vegetables to hide in your main dish (Example: when preparing macaroni and cheese, mix in finely chopped green beans).
5. Always provide juices that contain 100% Juice and stay away from items with corn syrup.
6. Get the kids involved in preparing meals so they become familiar with healthy ingredients.
Mia McGhee's Six Little Tips For Getting Kids To Sleep:
1. Structure is a must to running a large family household; set a consistent naptime and bedtime every day.
2. Changing into pajamas and slippers before sleeping helps trigger that it’s time to shift gears and nap.
3. Avoid mixing the sleeping area with the play area; younger kids can become confused easily.
4. Make sure the kids are feed, dry and clean before sleep time.
5. Kids have lots of energy to burn. Make sure they had an active, playful day prior to sleep time.
6. Soft bedtime music helps to bring about sleepiness (Example: Ocean Wonders and Mozart Effect CD’s).
To request an interview with Mia and Rozonno McGhee or episodic clips please contact Joey_Levine@own.tv
For a review screener of the first two episodes, click there:
To find what channel OWN is on in your area, visit http://www.oprah.com/findown
About “Six Little McGhees”
When Mia and Rozonno became parents to Columbus, Ohio's first sextuplets, no amount of books or advice could have prepared them for life with multiples. Their close family and friend helpers made the infant years easier to manage, but as the children grow so will Mia and Rozonno’s parenting skills. The helpers won’t be around forever, and these parents are determined to grow more independent from their support team. With potty training and many other milestones soon on the way, and the task of managing a growing business, Mia and Rozonno are bracing for all the excitement and chaos of doing it on their own. In this brand new season, the kids suit up for swimming lessons and their first camping trip, while Mia and Rozonno work to find time for each other in the midst of all the happy chaos. With the terrible two's in full swing, the toddler trouble continues. “Six Little McGhees” is produced for OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network by Candor Entertainment. Follow Mia on Twitter @MiaMcGhee and use #SixLittleMcGhees. Visit http://www.oprah.com/sixlittlemcghees to find out more about the show.
About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com. Follow on Twitter @OWNTV
About The Burke Management Firm
The Burke Management Firm is a Los Angeles based entertainment management company that provides a comprehensive service to celebrity talent including but not limited to actors, comedians, reality TV stars, athletes, musicians, models as well as authors. Since it’s inception in 2007, the firm manages notables such as Roy Jones,Jr., Basketball Wives LA star Jackie Christie, Todd Bridges, Michael Coylar, OWN’s Six Little McGhees as well as WWE Superstars Titus O’Neil and Darren Young. The Burke Management Firm was founded by Vanzil T. Burke with the vision to provide incomparable management services to all of its clients. The Burke Management team is strategically located in Los Angeles, California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Orlando, Florida.