Milwaukee, WI (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
Clickeze Privacy Systems, a division of InPro Corporation®, has brought peace to one front in the ongoing war between balancing energy savings and protecting the comfort of building users: the windows. Clickeze’s new Solarity™ Solar Shades utilize a special solar screen fabric to control the sun’s light and heat and reduce energy costs—all without blocking window views.
“Too often, when it comes to protecting buildings and the people who rely on them every day, we have to choose one or the other,” says Mark Alan, senior vice president of product management and development for InPro. “We developed Solarity Solar Shades to bring balance to this lopsided world. Now building owners and building users can both get what they want.”
In an effort to prove the energy savings potential of Solarity Solar Shades, Clickeze partnered with energy consultant E3 Group to test five different styles of the shades in a computer model of a typical two-story, 20,000-square-foot office building. All of the styles delivered between five and nine percent annual energy savings over non-shaded windows by reducing reliance on cooling and ventilation systems.
“This data proves that, when it comes to windows, Solarity Solar Shades are the ultimate solution for balance,” says Alan. “These energy savings make buildings more sustainable and translate to thousands of dollars every year for large facilities.”
In developing the new shades, Clickeze also had to balance the varying priorities of architects, designers and owners—including aesthetics, privacy, heat control and glare control. Accordingly, the company designed ten unique fabrics to accommodate any application. These fabrics include:
- Ion™ High Performance Solar Screen. Typical solar screen fabrics can provide effective glare control with dark colors, or energy efficiency with light colors, but not both. Ion High Performance Solar Screen Fabric provides energy efficiency and effective glare control, regardless of color. “Our Ion Fabric represents an innovative breakthrough in solar heat and light control,” says Alan. “It’s the ultimate balance of controlling energy without sacrificing your view.”
- Polar™ High Performance Solar Screen. Polar High Performance Solar Screen Fabric leverages the same innovative technology as the Ion Fabric to provide identical heat, glare and energy controls, but in a PVC-free blend.
- Sure Block™ Solar Screen. Sure Block’s basket weave configuration maximizes clarity of view and is available in rolls up to 122 inches in width to eliminate the need to railroad larger shades.
- Ice Blackout™. Ice Blackout Fabric is designed to block light, providing a woven fabric appearance while preventing any light from passing through the fabric and no view-through to the outside. “Ice Blackout can be dusted with a damp cloth, making it an ideal low-maintenance solution,” says Alan.
- Habitat™ Sun Control. Habitat Sun Control Fabric is PVC-free, lead-free, bacteria and fungal resistant, GREENGUARD certified, 100% recyclable, and Select Certified for commercial, healthcare and education facilities. “It’s the ultimate eco-friendly shading solution.”
- Saturn™ Solar Screen. Saturn allows light to flow through and offers 99 percent UV blockage for applications where durability and cleanability are priorities, and view-through is not required.
- Arid™ Solar Screen. Arid Solar Screen Fabric offers a soft, linen-like appearance. “Arid is ideal for residential and commercial applications,” says Alan.
- Dune™ Solar Screen. Dune Solar Screen Fabric provides UV blockage, heat reduction, glare reduction and outward visibility. “We offer Dune in three different density levels to provide the versatility to meet the needs of every commercial or residential application,” says Alan.
- Raze™ Blackout. Raze Blackout Fabric provides total light blockage for complete room darkening.
- Bolt™ Translucent. Bolt reduces glare, allows a brilliant glow of light through the fabric, and provides total privacy. “This is top-quality fabric that’s perfect for fine residences and corporate settings,” says Alan.
“We formed our Clickeze division to create shields that protect the comfort and safety of the people who rely on buildings,” says Alan. “Solarity Shades fulfill this mission, and they will undoubtedly create environments that are better for healing, working, learning and resting.”
Since 1979, InPro Corporation has been making and servicing products with an obsessive commitment to protecting the appearance of buildings and the health and safety of the people who use them. Based in Muskego, Wisconsin, InPro is the nation’s premier manufacturer of door and wall protection, washroom systems and commercial surfaces, expansion joint systems, privacy systems and architectural signage.