It will be exciting to see what the future holds with ISTE in the coming year.
(PRWEB) September 16, 2013
The Core of Education completes the final podcast in the 11 interview long ISTE series by diving into digital literacy with Nick Smith, Learning.com's Marketing Manager.
Dr. Berger's ISTE guests:
· Jose Ferreira, CEO of Knewton
· Pat Wasley, CEO of Teaching Channel
· Greg Estell, President of Education at SMART Technologies
· Andy Frost, V.P. of Product Management at Edmentum
· Buzz Waterhouse, CEO of McGraw-Hill Education
· Abigail Fern, Marketing Director for LEGO Education
· Lory Pilchik, C.M.O. for Teachscape
· John Harrington, CEO of Funds for Learning
· Leah Osterman, Executive V.P. of Marketing and Business Development for StudySync
· Dave Gladney, LRMI Project Manager at the Association of Education Publishers
· Nick Smith, Marketing Manager for Learning.com
Speaking to the successful conclusion of the ISTE podcast series Dr. Berger says, "Core of Education is thrilled with the outpouring of interest received." He continued, "It will be exciting to see what the future holds with ISTE in the coming year."
In the final interview Nick Smith discusses how marketing in education differs form other products and the big lessons Learning.com has grown from over the years along with much more.
Founded in 1999, Learning.com integrates 21st century technology into how children learn and how educators teach. Learning.com uses their Sky digital learning environment to help K-12 teachers and administrators improve student learning through curriculum solutions and assessments. Leveraging an expertise in Web technology and forward-thinking educational pedagogies Learning.com supports educators in their work to improve student learning outcomes.
Smith also explains the future for Learning.com, addresses the concept that some products offer "too much content" and voices his views on the perception that quantity and quality in content offerings seem at war.
About Core of Education
The Core of Education is an op-ed blog and podcast interview series hosted by Rod Berger, PsyD, and underwritten by RANDA Solutions. The Core focuses on vital issues to educators and policy-makers, as Dr. Berger interviews key education thought-leaders from across the nation and around the world. Core podcasts work to provide a platform for open, honest discussion and debate on education challenges and triumphs. Berger, interviews international policy makers, ed entrepreneurs, state commissioners, district admins, and teachers and strives to insure everyone involved has a platform to learn, and that’s what’s at the "core of education."