Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) September 03, 2013
Turknett Leadership Group (TLG), the originators of the Turknett Leadership Character Awards, have announced the nominees for the 10th annual awards program, which will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2013, at the Georgia Aquarium. Nominated individuals demonstrate integrity; relate to customers, suppliers, co-workers and others with respect; and maintain a culture in which everyone takes responsibility for achieving results while upholding the organization’s core values.
The nominees will be judged by a five-person advisory group which consists of Kent C. "Oz" Nelson, retired chairman and CEO of UPS; Conchita Robinson, president and CEO of C Robinson Associates, Inc.; Dr. Betty Siegel, president-emeritus of Kennesaw State University; Tom Crawford, owner of Crawford Corporate Consulting; and Ann Cramer, Senior Consultant with Coxe Curry & Associates.
Nominees in the CEO/President/Managing Partner - Large Company Category are:
- Kelvin Cochran, Fire Chief - Atlanta Fire Rescue
- Jim Geiger, Chief Executive Officer - Cbeyond
- Gary Price, Market Managing Partner for the Greater Atlanta Area - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Dan Reardon, President & CEO - North Highland Company
Nominees in the CEO/President/Managing Partner - Small/Medium Company Category are:
- Jay Bernath, President - C&S Meat Company
- Mary Brown-Richards, President - Brown Richards & Associates
- Lee Ellis, Founder and President - Leadership Freedom LLC
- Dr. Kym Harris, President and CEO - Your SweetSpot Coaching & Consulting
- Jo Kirchner, President and CEO - Primrose Schools
- Darnell Lattal, President and CEO - Aubrey Daniels International
- Marci McCarthy, President and CEO - T.E.N. - Tech Exec Networks, Inc.
- Dixie McCurley, Partner - Trusted CFO Solutions
- Pete Quinones, Chief Executive Officer - Metro Atlanta Ambulance
In the Executive/Manager Category are the following nominees:
- Greg Charleston, Senior Managing Director - Conway MacKenzie Inc.
- Lauralee Connan, Director of IT Support - TRX, Inc.
- Shan Cooper, Vice President and General Manager - Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
- Angela Dotson, Partner - Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP
- Kim Eaton, Senior Vice President & General Manager NCR Hospitality - NCR Corporation
- Alan Edmonson, Assistant Vice President-Core Installation & Maintenance - AT&T
- Leigh Hamby, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Executive Vice President - Piedmont Healthcare
- Randy Jackson, Vice President - Kia Motors Manufacturing of Georgia
- Walter Jameson, Managing Director and Complex Manager - Morgan Stanley
- Gary Ludgood, Senior Vice President-Global Network Field Operations - AT&T
- Owen Malcolm, Managing Director - United Capital Financial Advisers
- Pat McDonough, Lead Defense Attorney - Andersen, Tate, and Carr, P.C.
- Dianne Miller, Director of Network Customer Service Centers - AT&T
- Mimi Vold, Vice President Human Resources - Facet Technologies
- Jodi Weintraub, Atlanta Market Leader - TrueBridge Resources
- Ken Welch, Advisory Global Head of Strategic Pursuits, KPMG LLP
The following were nominated in the Education Category:
- Marie Corrigan, Founding Director - Sophia Academy
- Cathy Cox, President - Young Harris College
- James McGarrah, Chief of Staff - Georgia Tech Research Institute
The nominees in the Non-Profit Category are:
- Tom Andrews, President - St. Joseph’s Mercy Care Services
- Phil Baldwin, President & Chief Executive Officer - CredAbility
- John Berry, Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director - St. Vincent de Paul Society of Georgia
- Joe Blumberg, Executive Director - Men’s Health & Wellness Center
- Kathy Colbenson, Chief Executive Officer - CHRIS Kids
- Virginia Hepner, President & Chief Executive Officer - Woodruff Arts Center
- Sue Lawrence, Executive Director - Jeannette Rankin Foundation
- Neil Shorthouse, President & Founder - Communities in Schools
- Eric Spencer, Executive Director - National Alliance on Mental Illness of Georgia
- Lisa Williams, Founder & Executive Director - Living Water for Girls
Nominees in the Inspiritor Category are:
- Terry Barber, Chief Inspiration Officer - Inspiration at Work Radio
- Kenzie Biggins, Founder & President - Uniquely Defined
- Bonnie Daneker, Chief Executive Officer - Write Advisors
- Bernie Dixon, Chairman & President - Atlanta Technology Angels
- Kathy Dowling, Executive Vice President - ASAP Solutions Group, LLC
- Shirley Franklin, Community Volunteer and Former Mayor of Atlanta
- Barbara Gaines, Senior Project Manager - Mastech, Inc.
- Polly Harper, Marketing Director - Wm. Leonard & Co.
- Jama Hedgecoth, Founder and Director - Noah’s Ark
- Andy Lipman, Chairman and Founder - Wish for Wendy Foundation
Additionally, Alana Shepherd, co-founder and secretary of the board of directors of Shepherd Center, is the second recipient of the organization’s Lifetime Achievement Award for Leadership Character. The award recognizes leaders who exemplify the highest standards of character and integrity over a lifetime of service to an organization and to the larger community.
For ticket information and to read about the nominees and winners from the 2012 event, visit http://www.leadershipcharacter.com. GV Financial Advisors, Accord Services, Kroger, Talent Connections and Career Spa, will sponsor the 2013 Turknett Leadership Character Awards.
About the Leadership Character Awards
Since 2003 the Turknett Leadership Character Awards have recognized individuals who demonstrate character in leadership by maintaining integrity while consistently balancing respect and responsibility. Watch video highlights from previous events and view past winners.
About Turknett Leadership Group
With over 25 years of experience, TLG’s expertise is Leadership. TLG is Atlanta’s premiere resource for Executive Coaching, Talent Assessment, Leadership Team Building, and more. Through an approach grounded in science and guided by the Leadership Character Model™, TLG helps organizations hire the best people, identify and develop high potentials, and create high-performing cultures.
Bob and Lyn Turknett are co-authors of Decent People Decent Company: How to Lead with Character at Work and in Life and creators of the Leadership Character Awards, which celebrates its tenth year in 2013. For more information visit: http://www.turknett.com; http://www.decentpeopledecentcompany.com and http://www.leadershipcharacter.com/.