Part of America's promise has always been that if you worked hard you would be able to live out the rest of your days in peace," said Dennis Miller. "This is no longer true. We all need to accept that new reality and take charge of our own retirement.
Stowe, VT (PRWEB) September 03, 2013
One of the country’s most popular retirement mentors, and editor of Miller's Money Forever, Dennis Miller, is bringing together an all-star panel of experts to discuss the death of traditional retirement and how Americans can retool their strategies to survive in this new reality. Miller's Money is a research service with the goal of helping people achieve a comfortable retirement.
“America’s Broken Promise: Strategies for a Retirement Worth Living” is a free online video presentation that will provide retirees and income investors with a frank and straightforward look at why the traditional approaches to retirement no longer work.
Recent market trends coupled with government actions have set back the retirement savings of millions of baby boomers by nearly a decade. This event will provide viewers with the actionable, realistic strategies they can use right now, regardless of their age or income so they can retire successfully and on their own terms.
“Part of America’s promise has always been that if you worked hard throughout your life, in your old age you would reap the fruits of your labor and be able to live out the rest of your days in peace,” said Dennis Miller. “This is no longer true. We all need to accept the fact that we cannot rely on anyone else to help us. We must all take charge of our own retirement."
Guests at "America's Broken Promise" are:
- John Stossel, Host and Anchor of FOX Business News and Author of “No They Can’t: Why Governments Fail – But Individuals Succeed.” John will break down the facts behind overextended entitlement programs and how Americans have to find the capacity to discover their own retirement solutions.
- David Walker, former Comptroller General of the United States and public trustee for Social Security and Medicare. David will share with viewers the warnings he has been giving the government for years about the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare and will outline what fiscal reform would mean to retirees and why they need to act immediately.
- Jeff White, President and CEO, American Financial Group. Jeff will explain why everyone needs to know their “funded ratio,” a tool that measures if they are on track for a survival lifestyle or a dream retirement. Jeff will discuss how to monitor your progress going forward.
- Dennis Miller, Author of Retirement Reboot, Money Forever Senior Editor and MarketWatch RetireMentor columnist. Dennis will look at how the retirement rules have changed and explain how retirees and income investors need to change the way they think about investment products and strategies.
- David Galland, Partner Casey Research. David will be moderating the event and is sure to challenge the group to find the best solutions to the problem presented.
Free Webcast Details
America’s Broken Promise: Strategies for a Retirement Worth Living
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
2 pm EST
To register for free go to: http://www.americasbrokenpromise.org
This online video presentation is of critical importance to any retiree, saver, or income investor who is feeling the crushing blow of a low interest rate environment, fearing the possibility of raging inflation in the future due to excessive money printing, or who has grave concerns that their retirement nest egg will be destroyed by rising long-term health care costs. Attend this event to learn how to retire on your own terms.
“There is a generation of retirees and savers who feel they have been cheated and let down because the promise of a care-free retirement no longer exists,” said Dennis. “The common trait for all those who retired successfully is that they got serious and put a plan in place. With the country mortgaging its financial future, the need to prepare has never been greater if you want to retire on your own terms.”
About Dennis Miller and his website http://www.millersmoney.com
Dennis Miller is the author of Retirement Reboot, Senior Editor of Money Forever and Miller's Money Weekly and a popular MarketWatch columnist. Miller's Money is a research service with the goal of helping people reach their goal of a comfortable retirement.
In his column Miller's Money Weekly, Dennis tackles topical retirement issues of concern for over 135,000 readers. Money Forever is the premium publication that provides a detailed plan for building a retirement portfolio with the right balance of core holdings, high dividends, capital growth, and appreciation.
Dennis regularly interviews some of the best financial minds about where they're putting their money and provides independent, detailed research on specific investment recommendations for retirement-minded investors.
Before his career as a retirement advocate, Dennis Miller ran a successful consulting business counting many Fortune 500 companies, like GE and Siemens, as regular clients. An active international lecturer for 40 years, Dennis authored several books on sales and sales management. He was a contributor to the American Management Association, is a proud former US Marine and a member of the Mensa Society. Early in his career, he was an adjunct professor at Northwestern University.