Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 03, 2013
With some estimates projecting almost a doubling of growth within the specialty pharmacy industry, payers need to make sure their drug management strategies are evolving in ways that will take advantage of these new therapies without demolishing their bottom line. Atlantic Information Services, Inc.’s (AIS) Sept. 12 webinar, “Payer Tactics to Manage High-Cost Specialty Drugs in the Pipeline,” will discuss which specialty drugs are expected to enter the U.S. marketplace soon and what strategies can be employed to improve patient outcomes while managing costs in a responsible way.
Speaking at the webinar will be two industry experts — Atheer Kaddis, Pharm.D., senior vice president, sales and business development with Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy, and Stephen Cichy, founder and managing director of Monarch Specialty Group. In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, the speakers will examine the following:
- Which of the new therapies should command the most attention, and why?
- How will these therapies impact the bottom lines of health insurers and employers? What steps can be taken to mitigate the impact?
- Which therapeutic conditions are likely to see new products? How are those classes currently managed and how might that change?
- How do the newer therapies compare with existing treatments in terms of clinical efficacy and price?
- What steps can payers take to position themselves for the effective management of these products? What opportunities exist for differentiating among products based on formulary designs and utilization management tactics?
- What kind of distribution strategies are pharma manufacturers likely to use? How will these tactics impact payers?
- As combination therapies become more popular — and more costly — how can payers manage these drugs and their patient populations?
- How can health plans take advantage of opportunities in the use and emergence of genetic testing, oral specialty drugs, and orphan and ultra-orphan therapies?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3p39_091213 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.