Waltham, Massachusetts (PRWEB) September 03, 2013
Peoplefluent®, a leading social human capital management technology company, today announced the availability of Socialtext 6.0, enterprise collaboration and networking software designed to accelerate business performance through streamlined employee interaction and engagement. Socialtext 6.0 enhances functionality for micro-blogging, social networking, content creation, expertise location and video capabilities, and simplifies users’ ability to share expertise, ideas and corporate data to foster collaboration and drive new business opportunities.
Socialtext 6.0 creates a place where employees can quickly find the people and expertise they need, form task-centered groups, and create and share content to increase productivity and get work done. Socialtext 6.0 fluidly adjusts its layout to different browsers, operating systems and form factors – including smartphones and tablets – to deliver a better experience and boost use among employees.
“Enterprise collaboration solutions are only effective if they can make it easier for employees to do their jobs. With productivity as a top priority, we’ve significantly invested in the Socialtext platform design to deliver a user-friendly and intuitive experience,” said Stephen Bruce, SVP of Product Management and Marketing, Peoplefluent. “Utilizing open standards and the latest technology, such as integrated video capability, provides HR professionals and other administrators the ability to customize the user experience and remove knowledge silos that have traditionally hampered companies' ability to respond to change and serve customers efficiently.”
The Socialtext user interface now has an updated look, navigation and interaction model tailored to help users discover and connect with the content that is most relevant to them as well as important company activity and resources, while also reducing clutter and information overload. Specific enhancements include:
- New Video Technology – Robust video capabilities added through integration of an enterprise video content management platform provide:
o Recording, hosting and streaming video to desktop, smart phone and tablets in a secure environment
o Social commenting and sharing
o Flexible security and user permissions
o Ability to search videos to precise moments
o Prebuilt widgets for seamless integration into Socialtext
o Ability to leverage video created in Socialtext across other enterprise applications
- Enhanced Activity Stream Features – Signal microblogging has been enhanced enabling users to embed and highlight video and picture content directly in the microblog activity stream to call attention to engaging content. The Activity Stream offers previews of embedded files from URLs and features photos via a picture gallery displayed inline. Signals and events now have unlimited lifetime in the Activity Stream, giving users better access to historic information and past discussions.
- Unified Search Functionality – An enhanced smart search suggests search terms and autocompletes suggestions, delivering the most relevant information to users. Users need only type what they're looking for in the search box to display a page including all results from pages, documents, people, signals and groups. Infinite scrolling eliminates the need for pagination and offers a sleeker user experience.
- Updated People and Groups Directory – An engaging people and groups directory includes graphic list and grid view displays, infinite scrolling, pre-defined categories for easy access to data and live filtering.
- New Header and Redesigned Dashboard – A new header featuring a pinned global navigation bar is visible to users at all times, regardless of where they are on the page. The Dashboard layout has been redesigned and widgets are now in their own container, giving a much cleaner look and feel.
For more information about the Socialtext enterprise collaboration platform, please visit: http://www.socialtext.com/features/.
Peoplefluent is the leading provider of talent management solutions designed to support the entire workforce. We provide the mobile enablement, social collaboration, information visualization and the domain expertise required to empower strategic decision making and true employee engagement. Our talent management software enables organizations to unlock each individual’s potential by removing the boundaries that limit the performance and productivity of your workforce. With the most comprehensive talent suite in the industry including solutions for talent management, workforce compliance and diversity, contingent workforce management, analytics and workforce planning, Peoplefluent offers a solution to optimize every step of the talent lifecycle.
Our solutions have helped over 5,100 organizations in 214 countries and territories successfully achieve their talent aspirations. Today, 80% of the Fortune 100 relies on Peoplefluent solutions as part of their talent management delivery strategy.
All rights reserved. Peoplefluent and the Peoplefluent Logo are trademarks of Peoplefluent.