Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 06, 2013
Some accountable care organizations operating in the private sector have already generated impressive outcomes and deep savings, and a handful in partnership with health insurers have spawned insurance products and narrow provider networks that are challenging traditional carriers. In a Sept. 17 Atlantic Information Services (AIS) webinar, “Critical Success Factors for ACOs: What Separates the Winners From the Rest?”, three nationally recognized ACO consultants will discuss what separates successful ACOs from the ones still struggling to organize themselves, generate meaningful results or form strategic partnerships.
During the webinar, a panel of experts —Andrew Croshaw, partner and managing director at Leavitt Partners, Erik Johnson, senior vice president with Avalere Health, and Miles Snowden, M.D., chief medical officer of Optum — will address best practices to employ and pitfalls to avoid in developing ACOs and partnerships.
Participants will get insider perspectives on key questions such as:
- How can ACOs and their partners prepare for early utilization surges as prevention and quality improvement programs take effect?
- What best practices have emerged among different types of ACOs in terms of the management of networks and care transitions?
- What pitfalls should organizations avoid when expanding chronic disease management and investing in in-home interventions, especially for patients recently discharged from hospitals?
- What are reasonable expectations for ACOs to generate shared savings in the early years of a value-based contract?
- What lessons can be learned from ACOs and their partners for investing in population analytics and other IT systems?
- What characteristics do most successful private ACOs have in common?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3r40_091713 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.