Despite having the advantage of enterprise best practices, most Personal Care brands still lag, digitally, behind their counterparts in other consumer segments.
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 04, 2013
Today, we released our inaugural Digital IQ Index®: Personal Care, a comprehensive report assessing the digital performance of 75 U.S. brands over the past year in the following Personal Care categories: Bath & Body, Deodorant & Antiperspirant, Diapers, Oral Care, Shaving & Hair Removal, and Tissue & Hygiene. In addition to ranking the brands, this report also provides in-depth industry trend analysis, explores enterprise best practices, and includes a series of 'Flash of Genius' brand case studies. Authored by Scott Galloway, L2 Founder and NYU Stern Clinical Professor of Marketing, this new Digital IQ Index®: Personal Care study provides a quantitative and qualitative picture of how brands in the Personal Care industry are leveraging digital to drive sales online and in-store.
"Despite having the advantage of enterprise best practices, most Personal Care brands still lag, digitally, behind their counterparts in other consumer segments."
-Scott Galloway, L2 Founder
To download an excerpt of the new report, use the link below:
- Of the six Personal Care categories we tracked, Diaper brands had the highest average Digital IQ (120), while Deodorant & Antiperspirant brands registered the lowest (81).
- Edge maintains the highest Facebook engagement rate of any brand in the study.
- 85 percent of brands are present and active on Facebook, compared to 59 percent on Twitter and just 15 percent on Instagram.
- More than one-third of Personal Care brand sites currently have broken content links and almost 20 percent have broken e-commerce links.
- Procter & Gamble averaged the highest average enterprise Digital IQ (112), across its 13 brands included in the study.
- 57 percent of Personal Care brand sites attract fewer than 100K visitors per month.
L2 is a think tank for digital innovation that helps prestige brands navigate the digital marketing landscape through education, research, and advisory services. The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global, seminal benchmark for digital performance of brands and the largest and most robust study of its kind. Rankings are published annually across numerous industries, including: Luxury, Beauty, Retail, Travel, Spirits, Auto, and CPG. For more information, visit: http://www.l2thinktank.com.