Beyond fitness, we want to be a part of the local community and a place for families to gather and socialize with their neighbors. It will be a place where fitness, family and community all come together.
Portland, OR (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa is pleased to announce plans for a new club that will be located across from the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.
VillaSport Beaverton, which will open Summer 2014, will be the first premier athletic club and spa of its size in the Portland metro area that is focused on the entire family. VillaSport is dedicated to providing members with an uncompromising experience in an exceptional environment through programs, amenities and services that one would normally find at a destination family resort.
In Beaverton, VillaSport will build a luxurious 130,000 square-foot resort-like campus where members will enjoy lavish locker rooms with steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools, relaxation lounges and beautiful wooden lockers.
Other features will include:
- More pools than any other club in Oregon including indoor and outdoor lap pools and recreational pools; The recreational pools feature zero entry, a variety of fun water features, two 26-foot water slides and areas for aquatic classes.
- The club will offer more than 100 state-of-the-art cardio machines with personal televisions, a dedicated weightlifting area and a staff of fitness advisors to assist members with their training needs.
- Five dedicated exercise studios offer more than 175 group exercise classes each week for every level including: spinning, aquatics, Pilates, yoga and even classes for the entire family.
- An NBA-sized indoor court, which is designed for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and other activities.
- VillaKids, a dedicated 12,000 square-foot children's area, will offer exercise and enrichment programming for children 6 weeks to 12 years old, as well as summer camps. The club will feature indoor and outdoor play areas, an art studio, a dance studio and a basketball court and is available for birthday parties.
- VillaSpa, an on-site full-service day spa will offer services that would typically be found at a first-class resort and is available to members as well as the general public.
- The club will also offer year-round social programming such as summer barbeques, holiday parties, dances, movie nights, pinewood derby races, waterslide races and beer and wine seminars.
- VillaCafe is open seven days a week for members and the community, offering smoothies after a workout, a meal with the family or simply a rejuvenating cup of tea.
"Portland consistently ranks as one of the fittest cities in the nation, making it a natural location for us as we look to expand our offerings," said Joseph Syufy, president and CEO of VillaSport. "Beyond fitness, we want to be a part of the local community and a place for families to gather and socialize with their neighbors. It will be a place where fitness, family and community all come together."
To oversee the day-to-day operations of the new club, VillaSport has hired Phil Galvin to serve as the general manager. Galvin brings a wealth of energy, experience and hospitality to this new position. He joins the VillaSport team after 19 years at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, a distinguished, historic athletic club offering over 19 sports, two clubhouses and two 18-hole golf courses.
"VillaSport Beaverton is going to be an incredible place, and our standards for customer service will rival those of the best resorts in the world. At VillaSport, every member is treated like a VIP," said Galvin. "With amenities such as resort-style pools, first-rate spa treatments, luxurious whirlpools, and the best athletic equipment and trainers, we will provide a one-of-a-kind resort-style experience to the people of the Portland metro area."
Currently, VillaSport has two successful clubs in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and The Woodlands, Texas. In addition, construction is set to begin on another club in Redwood City, CA, which will be the first premier athletic club and spa of its size in the Bay Area that is focused on the entire family. Property has also recently been purchased for a fifth location to be built in Roseville, California, near the Roseville Galleria.
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa is a resort-style athletic club and spa offering a unique combination of luxury amenities and the finest state-of-the-art equipment and programs for the entire family. VillaSport is a family-owned business with two locations: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Woodlands, Texas as well as three locations under development in: Redwood City, California, Roseville, California and Portland, Oregon. VillaSport corporate headquarters are located in San Rafael, California. http://www.villasport.com.