Our platform speaks for itself as it enables our merchants to become more and more successful. We’re aggressively hiring and promoting top talent to join us in commanding the commerce evolution, and the future has never looked brighter.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) September 04, 2013
Volusion, the industry-leading SaaS commerce provider, is rapidly expanding and making strides forward as it supports the most successful online merchants. The average Volusion merchant processes approximately $77K in business each year, which is three times more in sales over merchants using other ecommerce solutions in its space. To support this merchant success, Volusion has made significant product enhancements, grown its team to over 440 employees, and invested heavily in its hosting infrastructure, with executives and board members continuing to focus on aggressive expansion in the coming years.
Volusion continuously works to innovate its software based on customer feedback and trends in the ever-evolving ecommerce industry. Some of the latest product enhancements added to the Volusion platform include:
- Amazon Integration: Volusion has expanded its merchants’ options for leveraging multichannel ecommerce via its integration with Amazon. This best-in-class integration, available on Gold plans and above, allows merchants to easily list their existing Volusion store products on Amazon and manage orders in the Volusion store admin.
- PayPal Express Integration: Volusion’s PayPal Express integration provides a seamless checkout experience for online shoppers, which prevents merchants from experiencing the hassle of incomplete orders. Additionally, the checkout process with PayPal Express is much faster, and there is no fee for Volusion merchants using the integration.
- New One-Time Use Coupons: Along with large improvements to Volusion’s extensive discount management capabilities, Volusion released new one-time use coupon functionality, allowing merchants to create coupon codes for specialized campaigns while preventing fraud.
- New Ecommerce Design Templates: Volusion merchants now have a larger selection of free and premium ecommerce templates, featuring the latest in design and merchandising for their products.
As the Volusion customer base continues to grow, so does its needs. To help keep merchants ahead of the commerce curve through the coming year, Volusion’s Product team will focus largely on new mobile capabilities, having built a dedicated mobile team to lead the effort. This team is responsible for improving the mobile shopping experience for the over 40,000 businesses on the Volusion platform, as well as creating native mobile apps for Volusion merchants to manage their stores on the go.
A Growing Volusion Team
Behind a great product is a great team, and Volusion takes pride in its company culture and the environment it has created to encourage development, innovation, collaboration and personal growth. Exciting things have been happening at the company, including the following:
- Volusion has grown to over 440 full-time employees between its Austin and UK offices, and plans to add over 125 net new hires over the course of 2013.
- The company recently won the coveted Austin Business Journal Best Places to Work award, which recognizes Central Texas companies that have the best climate, team atmosphere, benefits and engaged employees.
- The Volusion executive team grew significantly in February 2013 with the promotion of key managers and directors to VP roles. These include: John Hessinger, VP of Marketing, Sandra Nguyen, VP of People and Culture, and Guliz Sicotte, VP of Services.
As Volusion continues to expand its team and product offering, its merchants continue to experience the highest levels of ecommerce success. In 2013, Volusion merchants are processing $1M more in sales per day than during the same time in 2012, an impressive growth figure of almost 20% year over year. To date, merchants have processed over $12 billion on the Volusion platform.
A Reliable Platform
Volusion’s IT staff has been fully dedicated to supporting merchants by improving performance with the most sophisticated technology and team possible. For the past twelve months, Volusion has achieved or exceeded its service level agreement of 99.9% uptime. Year to date, Volusion sites have a 99.95% average uptime and a 99.98% uptime performance in Q2 alone. Furthermore, Volusion once again received its PCI recertification, far exceeding the required standards from the Payment Card Industry.
These accomplishments have been propelled by doubling storage space and investing millions of dollars to continue system upgrades. Beyond that, Volusion has grown the size and sophistication of its IT staff and leadership. The team is working to further increase capacity and add yet another layer of security to ensure merchants experience top-tier performance for what is projected to be a record-breaking holiday selling season.
“It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Volusion team,” said Clay Olivier, Volusion CEO. “Our platform speaks for itself as it enables our merchants to become more and more successful. We’re aggressively hiring and promoting top talent to join us in commanding the commerce evolution, and the future has never looked brighter.”
Volusion is a preeminent ecommerce software company providing an all-in-one ecommerce shopping cart solution along with essential ecommerce business tools, website design and inbound marketing services for online merchants of any size. Competitively priced monthly plans include hosting, use of the optimized software, access to award-winning customer support 24/7 and zero transaction fees. Learn more about Volusion’s ecommerce software and services at Volusion.com.