Plano, TX (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
Pinnacle Strategies announces that one of its clients, a global provider of technology for the energy industry, has completed their work ahead of schedule as a result of Pinnacle Strategies’ help implementing a Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) process.
Pinnacle Strategies’ challenge was to help the client, located in Norway, meet project deadlines. The client’s multiple, complex projects made management almost impossible, risking deadline failures—and potential penalties for the client if they could not make those deadlines.
Pinnacle Strategies rapidly delivered results by helping the client:
- Set a delivery date based on the highest probability of completion, while allowing for variation in execution
- Base estimates on net task durations, then create a collective time buffer that could be distributed to any resource or task as needed
- Identify the bottleneck, which enabled the team to forecast reliable completion dates and direct resources to the bottlenecks where they were most needed
- Use “what-if” capabilities, which enabled the team to understood what would happen to projects if resources were applied in a different manner than originally planned, making educated changes to the current plan
- Focus on “red zone” tasks only, the team directed its resources to the tasks most critical for the timely and complete fulfillment of the entire project
- Monitor progress, not by the efficiency of individual departments, but by the overall productivity and progress of the entire system
As a result, the team completed work ahead of schedule with less stress. In the first three months of CCPM execution, the team completed 89 days of project work in just 60. Meetings that used to absorb hours each day were reduced to just two, twenty-minute meetings per week. The project team became a model of “what desired execution looks like.”
About Pinnacle Strategies
Pinnacle Strategies is an international management consulting firm focused on operations management excellence. We work with organizations to increase shareholder value by developing high-performance business processes that significantly enhance productivity, reduce costs and time to market, improving profitability and accelerating sustainable growth. Pinnacle Strategies offers results-driven consulting solutions in the areas of performance management, project management, operations management, and supply chain.
For more information, contact Pinnacle Strategies at info(at)pinnacle-strategies.com, or +1 972-492-7951.