Biometrics Unplugged: Mobility Rules is an innovative forum bringing together the intellectual brain trust of the biometrics industry with thought leaders from the mobile revolution.
Louisville, CO (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
As mobile devices proliferate and mobile transactions accelerate and redefine the global IT landscape, biometric, mobility, and identity leaders prepare to convene for Biometrics UnPlugged: Mobility Rules. This first of its kind Executive Forum gathers experts from around the globe for a highly interactive discussion about biometrics as a strategic enabler of the mobile revolution and cloud-based identity.
Biometrics UnPlugged: Mobility Rules will be held in Tampa, Florida on Monday, September 16, 2013 from 12 noon until 5 pm.
Global indicators of the rapid acceleration of mobile transactions are driving the urgency of this event.
- iPhone 6 rumors indicate the latest model will boast fully integrated biometrics courtesy of Apple’s highly publicized $350 million acquisition of AuthenTec.
- Gartner projects worldwide mobile payment transactions will surpass $235 billion in 2013, reaching $721 billion in annual transactions with more than 450 million users by 2017.
- Gartner also projects mobile device sales will reach 1.9 billion units in 2013, up from 1.7 billion in 2012. Smartphones are expected to outsell feature phones for the first time in 2013, reaching 1 billion units.
- Microsoft’s Labor Day surprise announcing the purchase of Nokia’s device and phone business.
- Square’s May 2013 announcement that it has eclipsed PayPal’s $14 billion annualized payment rate, and reached $15 billion in annualized payments - a growth rate of 50% in just six months.
Biometrics UnPlugged: Mobility Rules – organized by leading identity market content and analysis providers, Acuity Market Intelligence and findBIOMETRICS – will focus on how these staggering trends are transforming the global lT infrastructure and the resulting impact on biometrics, mobility, and identity.
Featured speakers include:
- Michael Barrett, President of the FIDO (Fast Identity Online) Alliance,
- Dr. John Halamka, HITSP Chair and CIO of Harvard Medical School and Beth Deaconess Medical Center, and
- Omar Khawaja, Verizon Security Solutions, developer of Verizon’s 12-Step Business-Centric Cloud Security Framework.
“The rapidly converging evolution of mobility and identity has created a unique moment of opportunity for the biometrics industry,” claims Maxine Most, Principal of Acuity Market Intelligence. “This is the time for identity leaders to seize a pivotal role in defining how emerging mobile transaction IT infrastructures can develop.”
“Biometrics UnPlugged: Mobility Rules is an innovative forum bringing together the intellectual brain trust of the biometrics industry along with thought leaders from the mobile revolution,” says findBIOMETRICS President, Peter O’Neill. “This highly interactive and dynamic Executive Summit is designed to facilitate an open, rigorous, thought-provoking dialogue about the challenges and opportunities that come with mobility.”
Biometrics UnPlugged: Mobility Rules will convene on September 16, 2013 at the Tampa Museum of Art. Details and registration information can be found at the event website: http://www.regonline.com/biometricsunplugged. This event is sponsored by BioKey, Safran Morpho, CrossMatch Technologies, and Northstar Recruiting.
Acuity Market Intelligence (http://www.acuity-mi.com) is an emerging technology strategy and research consultancy with a proven record of accurately anticipating biometric and electronic identity market trends. The company provides strategic planning, market research and analysis, sector tracking, opportunity sizing, solution, and deployment analysis, due diligence, executive briefings, and customized consulting. Founded in October 2001, Acuity is headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, USA with clients in the United States, Asia, and Europe.
findBIOMETRICS (http://www.findbiometrics.com). For the past 11 years, findBIOMETRICS has been responding to the rapid growth of the Biometric Industry. A truly unique resource site, findBIOMETRICS.com is a news portal that can guide novice and expert professionals through every aspect of finding a suitable Biometric solution for their enterprise. findBIOMETRICS is a division of TopickZ Inc. TopickZ Inc. is a provider of electronic information resources and just launched a new resource site specifically for the Mobile sector called Mobile ID World (http://www.mobileidworld.com). The company, located in Toronto, Canada, is privately held and does not trade on equity markets.
# # #