Announcing an updated release for the popular GammaPix app for Android devices. GammaPix uses software and the built-in camera in a smartphone or tablet to measure radioactivity levels.
East Hartford, CT (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
Image Insight Inc. announces an updated release for their popular GammaPix™ app for Android devices. GammaPix uses software and the built-in camera in a smartphone or tablet to measure radioactivity levels. The software is the civilian version of technology developed under contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense and with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Significant updates include:
- Real-time graphical view of radiation levels (paid only)
- Regular, automatic radiation monitoring
- Take a series of readings overnight while charging the phone - improves phone calibration
- See the location where your previous readings were taken
- Use either the front or back camera for detecting radioactivity
- View readings in either mR/h or microSv/h units
- Streamlined Settings, now organized by category for ease of use
- GammaConnect: map of your readings and those of the GammaPix community
- Search for simulated radioactivity sources in your area and join in world-wide games and challenges, or create your own GammaQuests for the community
- Earn points and badges for taking readings and participating in challenges and see how you rank in your community and worldwide
GammaPix’s patented technology is based on software that analyzes images produced by a webcam, smartphone, tablet or surveillance camera to measure gamma radiation exposure at the device. The technology is sensitive enough to detect within seconds dangerously high levels of radiation so action can be taken immediately. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
About Image Insight
Image Insight’s mission is the creation of software for low-cost, widely dispersed networks of radioactivity detectors using common devices to protect people, facilities, and communities from excess radioactivity exposure.
For more information about the GammaPix app for smartphones visit http://www.GammaPix.com. For information about Image Insight, visit http://www.imageinsightinc.com or contact Tina Rubin at 860.528.9806, x113.
*The views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense or the U.S. Government.