Clearwater, FL (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
(ISC)²® (“ISC-squared”), the world’s largest information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP®, today announced the finalists for its third annual Americas Information Security Leadership Awards. With the success of the Americas ISLA program over the past two years, (ISC)² is pleased once again to celebrate the accomplishments of private and public sector industry leaders outside of U.S. federal government throughout the Americas who are inspiring change within the information security workforce. Winners will be announced during the third annual (ISC)² Security Congress on the evening of September 26th.
Part of (ISC)²’s Global Awards Program, Americas ISLA aims to recognize the achievements of outstanding information security professionals who have led an industry workforce improvement initiative, program or project. The program recognizes professionals who are leading initiatives that result in a more proficient, resilient information security workforce in Central, North, and South America. The recognition categories include: Information Security Practitioner, Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project, Senior Information Security Professional, and Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional. (ISC)2 will also recognize a Community Service Star for spreading information security awareness throughout their community.
"Our awards program provides a unique platform to showcase the information security leaders across the globe who are dedicated to advancing the industry and inspiring the next generation of cyber security professionals, said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director of (ISC)². We congratulate this year’s deserving finalists and applaud their efforts to bolster the cyber security workforce of today and tomorrow."
The 2013 Americas ISLA finalists are as follows:
Category: Information Security Practitioner
- Dr. Maria Sette, CSSLP, CISM, CEH, CCISO, CGEIT, CRISC, CHS III, chief information security officer (CISO), New York Police Department, U.S.A.
- Mr. Christopher Duffy, Network+, CEH, GSEC, Security+, RHCT, CIW, eCPPT, CWNA, CNDA, lead penetration tester, Knowledge Consulting Group, U.S.A.
- Ms. Mahbobeh Soleimani, CISSP, senior IT security analyst, City of Vancouver, Canada
Category: Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project Category
- Mr. Eric Fromm, CISSP, associate VP of Networking and Security, Enterprise Integration, U.S.A.
- Mr. Andrés Gil, CISSP, MBA, partner, Deloitte Argentina, Argentina
Category: Senior Information Security Professional Category
- Mr. Srinivas Mukkamala, PCI-QSA, CNSSI-4016, CNSSI-4013, NSTISSI-4011, chief technology officer, Computational Analysis and Network Enterprise Solutions, LLC, U.S.A.
- Mr. Richard Mikelinich, CISM, CISSP, CISA, CCSK, chief information security officer (CISO), Yale University, U.S.A.
- Mr. James Shank, CISSP, CISSP-ISSMP, IT manager, PSEG Services Corp., U.S.A.
- Dr. Kevin McKenzie, CISSP, chief information security officer (CISO) & executive director, Clemson University, U.S.A.
Category: Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional Category
- Mr. Michel Barbosa, CISSP, technology consultant, Hewlett-Packard, U.S.A.
- Mr. Andrew Leeth, CSSLP, Security+, senior consultant, Crowe Horwath LLP, U.S.A.
A judging committee of 10 members of the (ISC)² North American Advisory Board evaluated the nominees and selected the finalists based upon specific criteria and eligibility requirements. (ISC)² officials will honor the Americas ISLA recipients on Thursday, September 26, 2013 during a gala dinner and ceremony in Chicago, IL at the Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel.
For more information on the Americas ISLA program, please visit http://www.isc2.org/aisla.
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide, with over 90,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSPÒ) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLPÒ), the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFPSM), Certified Authorization Professional (CAPÒ), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCPÒ) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at http://www.isc2.org.
# # #
© 2013, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and the CCFP is a service mark, of (ISC)2, Inc.
Follow (ISC)² on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.