Oakland Mayor Jean Quan, Raider Legends and Visit Oakland Kick Off 2013 NFL Season with Press Conference and Flag Raising at Oakland City Hall
Oakland partners and City officials will gather to kick off the Oakland Raiders season on Monday, September 9 at 10:00 a.m. at the steps of Oakland City Hall.
Oakland, California (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
Oakland partners and City officials will gather to kick off the Oakland Raiders season on Monday, September 9 at 10:00 a.m. at the steps of Oakland City Hall. This is an opportunity for the dedicated Raider Nation to rally for their beloved team as they begin the 2013 NFL season.
Alison Best, president & CEO of Visit Oakland, will discuss the series of events for the week and introduce Oakland Mayor Jean Quan to speak. Raiders Hall of Famer Willie Brown will offer remarks and discuss the upcoming season. At the end of the press conference, the Mayor will join Raider Legends/Pro Football Hall of Famers Fred Biletnikoff and Willie Brown as well as the Raiderettes to raise the official Oakland Raiders flag on top of City Hall.
Additional Raiders Week events and promotions include:
- Monday, September 9 at 10 a.m. — Press Conference at City Hall
- Saturday, September 14 at 9:00 a.m. — Raiders Back to Football 5K Run at O.co Coliseum
- Saturday and Sunday, September 14-15 — Fairyland Pirate Weekend at Children's Fairyland
- Sunday, September 15 at 1:25 p.m. — Raiders Home Opener at O.co Coliseum vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- All Week — Wear Silver & Black to Lake Chabot Golf Course for discounts
- All Week — AC Transit buses will post "Go Raiders" on all bus headers
- All Week — Chabot Space & Science Center will provide the "Black Hole Special" discounted admission to visitors wearing Raiders gear
- All Week — The Oakland Restaurant Association will work with local restaurants to create special menus and other incentives for Raiders fans
- All Week — Oakland Parks & Recreation staff will wear Raiders hats
- All Season — The Oakland Marriott City Center, Waterfront Hotel, Executive Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn and Tribune Tower will fly Raiders flags atop of their buildings
- Visit Oakland provided 350 Raiders caps to various hospitality workers and Downtown/Uptown District Street Ambassadors
- 5,000 "Feel the Heart of the Nation" cheer cards have been distributed throughout the community by the Downtown/Uptown District Street Ambassadors, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, Save Oakland Sports and Visit Oakland
Follow the hashtag #RAIDERSWEEK on social media to stay in the loop on all activities.
DATE: Monday, September 9
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Steps of Oakland City Hall
Frank Ogawa Plaza (14th and Broadway in Downtown Oakland)
Kim Bardakian, Visit Oakland, Director of PR & Partnerships
510-208-0529, 510-499-5723 (c); kim(at)visitoakland(dot)org
Mike Taylor, Oakland Raiders, Director of Public Affairs
510-780-3026; 510-332-1641 (c); mtaylor(at)raiders(dot)com
Samee Roberts, City of Oakland, Marketing Manager
510-238-2136, 510-220-8140 (c); sroberts(at)oaklandnet(dot)com