Williamstown, Mass (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
Neutral provider of VoIP technology Platform-as-a- Service, VoIP Logic has published a free market research report tabulating the results of information gathered from more than 60% of small and medium-sized US licensed VoIP operators. The report, entitled "US Interconnected VoIP Service Providers: Review of Company Demographics, Sales Focus and Technology" is available upon completion of a five minute survey.
“Smaller VoIP Service Providers in the US, by sheer numbers, make up 80-90% of the organizations selling VoIP technology. Because these operators have not achieved scale and, in aggregate, account for around 25% of VoIP service revenue, they are generally under-represented in market reporting,” says Micah Singer, VoIP Logic CEO and co-author of the report. “In the process of researching our natural target market, we started to see compelling data that we felt by sharing would help others evaluate the market and provide us a vehicle to capture and present more data in future research reports.”
VoIP Service Provider Report Highlights:
- Smaller VoIP Service Providers offer Hosted PBX more commonly than SIP Trunking.
- Open-source application server technology dominates among smaller providers.
- Application server technology is directly linked to target market with Asterisk-based providers focusing on SOHO while providers employing ‘carrier grade’ (BroadSoft, MetaSwitch) technology focused on SMB and Enterprise.
- Polycom and Cisco telephones combined are offered by more than 55% of VoIP Service Providers.
- Softphones are still offered by only 2.1% of VoIP Service Providers as a primary option.
About VoIP Logic
VoIP Logic is a managed services provider of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology to carriers and service providers. By providing leading technology in a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) delivery model, VoIP Logic allows our Service Provider partners to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of running a communications service. With our geographically dispersed, redundant infrastructure providing unparalleled uptime, Service Providers can design and incorporate technology systems and solutions into their interconnected VoIP or other services with a high level of control, with substantial economies of capital and operations while working with an experienced and credentialed engineering team. As a platform-only provider, we are 100% neutral and focused on the success of our partners. VoIP Logic is based in Williamstown, Massachusetts.