Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
Online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty comments on an article that shares 6 ways to help bring hair back to life after it has been exposed to treatments and natural elements such as the sun.
According to the ELLE article published on September 4th titled “Dry Hair Detox: 6 Steps for Repairing Damaged Strands,” signs such as frizzy hair or brittle ends could be signs that your hair needs some added attention.
The article offers these 6 tips to help your hair come back from damage:
- Moisturizing shampoo- Make sure your shampoo is hydrating your hair. Look for ingredients like natural oils. In the article, stylist Oscar Blandi recommends washing hair less frequently. Frequent washes can make hair dry and strip it of natural oils.
- Conditioning- Make sure to use an ultra-moisturizing conditioner after shampooing.
- Get a trim- Cut off split ends to get a smooth look.
- Leave-in conditioner- Apply this to hair after it is shampooed and towel-dried. If hair is particularly dry, apply more of the product from the middle down to the tips.
- Prep Hair- Not protecting already dry hair before using flat irons or blow dryers can cause serious damage. “Prep hair with a thermal protection spray before exposing it to heated styling tools,” says Sara Greenstone, a representative for NewVo Beauty. “You never want to use these tools on any setting higher than medium or low heat.”
- Use oil- Use oil on hair to add moisture and leave it silky and smooth. “Try using argan oil,” says Greenstone. “It’s a natural oil that is light and does not leave a greasy residue.”
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.