Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 06, 2013
Within one week, WPL Publishing will sponsor a webinar to inform professionals within the construction community what the major trends are in international construction arbitration.
Research indicates that arbitration is the preferred dispute-resolution mechanism for international corporations rather than transnational litigation. As the number of arbitration case filings has increased so has the number of arbitral institutions (which now number at least 28) and the seats of arbitration. Perhaps in reaction to growing criticism of the process, there has been and continues to be other changes concerning international arbitration. The webinar is designed to help professionals within the construction community understand what is happening in international arbitration and make the best choices on this front. To register for the 90-minute event, scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013, at 1:00 p.m. (EDT), visit http://tinyurl.com/nyetxcp.
The webinar will examine the following trends:
- Virtually all arbitral institutions have been reporting an increase in case filings.
- Corporate dispute-resolution policies favor arbitration.
- There are two favored seats of arbitration, but some regional centers are gaining in popularity.
- International arbitration no longer is faster or cheaper than litigation.
- Confidentiality of arbitration remains one of the strongest selling points for arbitration.
- There is a trend toward informal or interim dispute-resolution measures.
- International arbitration has become a marketplace with specialists and some moves toward external regulation.
Addressing attendees will be Navigant Construction Forum Executive Director James Zack and Navigant Consulting Inc. Managing Director Peter Badala.
After their presentations, there will be an interactive 10-to-15 minute question-and-answer session addressing relevant topics.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/nyetxcp.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. provides expert training, education, and development resources for the construction industry via live webinars and its ConstructionPro Network website (http://www.ConstructionProNet.com). Through ConstructionPro Network, WPL publishes the independent newsletter ConstructionPro Week, providing news, analysis, and insightful commentary about recent developments involving construction law, green buildings, building information modeling, and various construction managerial technologies and techniques.