Apple’s Siri is showing up in cars. With most of the major automakers now saying that they’ll support Apples car-centric iOS 7 it’s clear that the auto industry can no longer ignore the fast paced CE world.
(PRWEB) September 09, 2013
The Consumer Telematics Show (CTS) is the most focused infotainment meeting for the automotive industry. Held in Las Vegas on the eve of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), CTS is set to showcase more world class speakers, crucial industry debates and executive attendees than ever before! Previous speakers have included Ford, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Porche AG, Nissan, Hyundai and Toyota and this year’s event promises more of the same.
Ruthana Foulkes, strategic director at Telematics Update stresses the importance of this annual meeting in the auto-telematics calendar. “Apple’s Siri is showing up in cars. With most of the major automakers now saying that they’ll support Apples car-centric iOS 7 it’s clear that the auto industry can no longer ignore the fast paced CE world. CTS 2014 is where the automotive and CE worlds collide to enable the auto community to deliver a cutting-edge user experience to tech savvy customers."
Preliminary topics for discussion at this must-attend event for anyone serious about in-car infotainment are available on the website (http://www.telematicsupdate.com/cts/). Here’s a quick snapshot:
- THE ARRIVAL OF HTML5 AND ITS VALUE TO THE AUTO WORLD: Harness the full capability of an HTML5 ecosystem to create a flexible, cross-platform, non-proprietary solution which enables developers to build a host of profitable applications for the auto environment
- A BRAVE NEW WORLD OF M&As: Hear directly from Hughes Telematics and Verizon Wireless as they speak out on the telematics industry’s first major acquisition and forecast its impact on the market’s development from 2013 to 2020
- BALANCE NEXT-GEN HMI WITH D.O.T GUIDELINES: Discuss innovative HMI technologies such as touch, gesture and audio to ensure the compliancy of your solutions in a landscape fraught with fears over driver distraction
- CREATE YOUR APP DELIVERY STRATEGY: Assess how the availability of apps will influence consumers’ device-related purchasing decisions and debate their form and function in the vehicle: native, downloadable, smartphone enabled, and the cloud
- BRING CLOUD-BASED APPS UP TO AUTO STANDARD: Render apps to the high-quality and robust specifications which customers expect, and ensure a seamless transition for the driver when it comes to cloud-based integration in the vehicle
All the latest announcements and speaker line-up for 2014 will be released on the website in the coming weeks. The complimentary brochure can be downloaded on the website including the full conference agenda: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/cts/
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7578 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7578