The Pacific Northwest region of the United States is very rich in modern architecture, and Vancouver sits right there with them as one of the hotspots for modern design.
Vancouver, British Columbia (PRWEB) September 11, 2013
This Saturday, September 14th, Vancouver residents have the opportunity to explore some of the greatest examples of modern residential architecture and interior design in their own home town, as Modern Home Tours makes its second visit outside of the US for the first-ever Vancouver Modern Home Tour.
The Vancouver Modern Home Tour is a self-guided driving-tour of seven to ten architecturally progressive and contemporary homes in the Vancouver, British Columbia-area that exemplify modern living. Thanks to a handful of generous homeowners, tourgoers will have the chance to explore the inside and out of some incredible modern homes, designed by some of Vancouver’s greatest modern architects.
Seven amazing homes have been accepted for the 2013 Vancouver Modern Home Tour:
- Check out a condominium unit in an early 20th century building in the heart of Yaletown, completely renovated and updated in 2010 by Falken Reynolds Interiors, transformed into the bachelor pad of every man’s dreams!
- A modestly-sized new home, built in 2012 by the Environmental Design Group with interiors designed by Project 22 Design Inc., that makes use of connected open spaces to feel twice as big.
- The eco-conscious Narrow Passive House, built in 2012 by One SEED Architecture + Interiors, which is simple and pure in design, but complex in its ability to take advantage of the Earth’s never-ending capacity to heat, cool, and ventilate, while using materials and building systems which are durable and tread lightly on the environment.
- The visually impressive Geometric House, also by One SEED Architecture + Interiors (built 2011), that is considered a perfect example of a true West Coast modern home with clean lines, open concept planning, natural materials and inside-outside flow.
- A tremendous 2011 renovation by FNDA Architecture Inc., of a 1960’s wood post and beam house in West Vancouver that offers its residents a new open floor plan, as well as a new level of energy-efficient living.
- A modernist prototype home for Vancouver’s ubiquitous RS-1 zoning district that rethinks the typical zoning regulations and constraints of building in an urban context, designed by Campos Leckie Studio and located in Arbutus Ridge.
- A wonderfully modern home by Evoke International Design, located in the Point Grey neighbourhood, that uses open planning, a minimal number of single-use rooms and a fluidity of movement from inside to outside to create a larger sense of space, while also presenting a unique façade in its RS-1 District zoning.
Modern Home Tours is also proud to announce a partnership with Aunt Leah’s Place. Partial proceeds of the tour will go to the local non-profit’s programs and mission of providing support for teen mothers and kids in foster care.
Modern Home Tours co-founder, Matt Swinney, explains the group’s decision to venture north: "The Pacific Northwest region of the United States is very rich in modern architecture, and Vancouver sits right there with them as one of the hotspots for modern design. It is, like Toronto, one of the most vibrant and progressive cities in the Americas, and an absolutely perfect match for our tours. We are thrilled to bring the idea of modern architecture exploration to the unique architectural community that has blossomed north of our borders."
The Vancouver Modern Home Tour is the second stop on the group’s 2013 National Fall Tour. Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM this Saturday, September 14th, in and around Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Tickets to see every home on the tour are $30 in advance online; available for $40 on the day of the tour at select ‘start’ locations. All are invited to attend. Kids under 12 are free!
For more details and a current list of homes: http://Vancouver.modernhometours.com.
About Modern Home Tours, LLC: Based in Austin, Texas, Modern Home Tours, LLC was founded by partners Matt Swinney & James Leasure to introduce Modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, we invite people into some of the most exciting examples of Modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, our home tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!