Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
The European Union funded campaign Flavor Your Life, which is dedicated to providing the latest information on olive oil, shares the positive organoleptic qualities of olive oil that help distinguish its quality and taste.
Olive oil can range in terms of quality and characteristics. In order to classify olive oil, there is a set of strict standards that must be met. The European community created these standards to protect the value of olive oil and ensure that it is not mixed with oils of lower quality, such as seed oil.
These are some of the organoleptic qualities that help distinguish olive oil:
- Harmonious - Means to have a perfect balance between the flavor of the oil and its fragrance.
- Bitter - This is a quality that is typically associated with olive oils made from green olives.
- Fresh - Subtle aromas will leave certain olive oils with a fruity flavor.
- Sweet - Soft and pleasant flavor that is continuous.
- Intensely fruity - Very fragrant.
- Mature fruit - If an olive oil is produced from mature olives, the result is light oil that has a sweet fragrance.
- Soft - Pleasant and soft to the palate.
- Spicy - This is a very distinctive characteristic. This quality can be felt on the whole palate and mucus membrane.
- Full - This type of oil is very balanced. It has low acidity.
- Lively - This oil has a strong personality, is well defined and has a fruity flavor.
Flavor Your Life, a campaign supported by the European Union, Unaprol and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news and health information about European extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil enhances the flavors of your recipes while providing health benefits. Flavor Your Life campaign, the voice of olive oil production quality control, aims to educate consumers so they can make informed decisions when purchasing olive oil.