'The issue of cybersecurity is critical to the future of the transportation industries,' said, Marc C. LeDuc, SAE International.
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) September 09, 2013
CyberSecurity experts from industry, academia and the federal government will be in the spotlight Sept. 23 when SAE International and IEEE pair up to sponsor the CyberSecurity for the Transportation Industry Meeting at the Palais des congrés de Montréal in Montreal, Quebec.
The one-day technical symposium will address critical issues surrounding security in the networking of current and future vehicles. No particular vehicle will be discussed, as this broad spectrum covers anything from manned to unmanned vehicles, whether they move on land or in the air.
“The issue of cybersecurity is critical to the future of the transportation industries,” said, Marc C. LeDuc, business developer of engineering events for SAE International. “For this one day we have been able to bring together renowned individuals from multi-transportation sectors who are truly the leading experts in the field of CyberSecurity.”
J.F. Huffaker of Boeing will be the keynote speaker discussing the aerospace sector while Jim Buczkowski of Ford will be the keynote speaker discussing the automotive sector.
Graham Holmes of CISCO will launch the program at 8:30 a.m. with Building a Cyber Defense Architecture Based upon Trust and Intelligence: The Network’s Role in Securing Cyberspace.
Other morning speakers include:
- Darwin Herdman, chief technology officer for the 1901 Group, who will speak on the Lessons Learned from the Front Lines of IT CyberSecurity for the Transportation Industry.
- Dr. Richard Brooks of Clemson University will deliver An Introduction in Basic Definitions and Methods in Cybersecurity and its Application to Transportation Systems.
- Lee Stogner of the Vincula Group will round out the morning speakers with What Professional Organizations are Doing to Improve CyberSecurity and how you can Help.
The afternoon session will feature two panel discussions consisting of industry and regulatory experts. They are:
- CyberSecurity Risks and Policies for Transportation: The panelists are Bob Gary of Willis, Gloria D'Anna of GlobalBusinessProfessor.com, Andre Weimerskirch of Escrypt, Faye Francy, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Guy De Langis Bombardier, Jim Buczkowski, Ford and Thomas Farmer of American Association of Rail.
- Emerging Regulations and Standardization for Transportation CyberSecurity: The panelists are Lisa Kaiser of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Frank Barickman of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and Nina Brooks of the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
If you would like to register for this upcoming event, or you see more information, please visit http://sites.ieee.org/c4tti/. To request press credentials, please contact SAE International at pr(at)sae(dot)org or by calling 1-724-772-8522.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 138,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.