(PRWEB) September 16, 2013
Jim Norman, President of the Ziglar Foundation, has announced the formation of a National Network of Ziglar Inspirational Groups (ZIG’s). These groups are locally autonomous coaching and mentoring groups that use the teaching of Zig Ziglar to encourage and inspire their members. Groups are launching now at http://zigziglarfoundation.org/launch.
When the iconic motivational speaker Zig Ziglar passed away on November 28, 2012, many people questioned how his legacy of encouragement and faith would live on for current and future generations. The Zig Ziglar Foundation, a non-profit organization, was formed in February 2013 as an answer that question.
The mission of the Ziglar Foundation is:
“…to inspire people to take action that will reinforce the American spirit and lead to a spontaneous national culture of faith, hope, perseverance, individual excellence, achievement, and success”
The Ziglar Foundation has identified 10 trends that have negatively impacted American culture for the past 50 years:
1. A culture of selfishness and fame seeking
2. The absence of guiding principles to help people manage their lives and families
3. The unwillingness to think critically
4. General ignorance of American history and its founding principle
5. A floundering education system that is no longer competitive
6. Families without either a father or a mother in the home and sometimes both
7. A culture of misinformation about what is the state of the current culture
8. General ignorance about God, faith, and the Bible
9. The inability to sustain resolve for extended periods of time
10. A national void of ethical leadership
Norman said these trends have evolved over the past 50 years and are growing each day. The Ziglar Foundation believes these trends lead to a lack of faith in God, a lack of honesty, to poverty and to crime. The Zig Ziglar Foundation has no political agenda and will not endorse candidates or take official positions on political issues.
The Foundation wants to urge difference makers like Zig Ziglar to step up and get involved with us to reverse these trends. The recent launching of the ZIG’s is a step in that direction. They hope to inspire people to get involved and create an environment of encouragement and hope in a community, a church a business or an organization.
For more information, or to schedule an interview with Jim Norman, President of the Ziglar Foundation, please contact: Deborah Davis (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ) or visit http://www.zigziglarfoundation.org.