San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) September 09, 2013
Dennis Collins Insurance Agency is a big advocate for wellness—whether that means taking care of personal health, social relationships, or even wellness in the workplace. Most times, the greatest issue when it comes to wellness and self improvement is that an individual is under too much stress. In fact, an online survey of 2,020 U.S. adults 18 and older was conducted in August of 2012 by Harris Interactive for the American Psychological Association. Some of the findings include:
- 35% of Americans state that their stress levels increased over the past year
- 20% of Americans reported extreme stress
- On a 10-point scale, 10 being the highest levels of stress, the 2012 average is 4.9
- On a 10-point scale, 10 being the highest levels of stress, the 2012 average for Millennials is 5.4
- The top three stressors were cited as money (69%), work (65%), and the economy (61%)
It is no secret that life can be stressful, thus having a negative impact on the self. Between work, relationships, family and even friends, there is always something that will affect an individual’s mood and stress levels. However, Dennis Collins Insurance Agency would like to point out that too much stress is linked to a variety of health issues. As California’s trusted health and life insurance provider, the agency would like to extend a few tips that may allow for individuals to de-stress this month. With September being recognized as National Self Improvement Month, now is a good time to for individuals to focus on themselves. Here are a few ways for individuals to celebrate this month:
- Individuals should plan on making more time for themselves in the morning.
- Plan to meet up with a good friend at least once a week to chat.
- Take a moment to go for a run, alone or with a friend.
- Volunteer at a local event to get out and meet more people, while serving a great cause.
- Take a weekend vacation, or “staycation” with a few friends.
- Make it a point to “unplug” and turn off work-related email on the weekends.
Individuals who take a moment to themselves and enjoy the relationships in their lives may be able to improve the quality of life for themselves and those around them. After all, research shows that those who have a strong social network and bond with others tend to live longer, happier lives.
Dennis Collins Insurance Agency is committed to keeping its clientele and employees as healthy as possible. This is another reason why its agents are dedicated to offering comprehensive health insurance solutions. To learn more about Dennis Collins Insurance Agency or its coverage options, give the agency a call at 888-457-9551 or visit their Virtual Insurance Office, today.
About Dennis Collins Insurance Agency:
Since its beginning in 1977, Dennis Collins Insurance Agency has focused on the same thing: providing excellent customer service. When California residents turn to the agency for their insurance needs, personal attention and concern isn’t just a promise, it’s a guarantee. Agents make it a point to get to know the needs of their clients on an individual level. This enables the agency to provide customized insurance solutions that manage risk, and protect everything important in the lives, families and businesses of California residents. Advisors, friends and trusted insurance agents are the foundation of Dennis Collins Insurance Agency for the last 35 years, and always will be.