Best small SUV! - Car and Driver
Red Bank, NJ (PRWEB) September 18, 2013
The Mazda CX-5 has new features from the previous model year, upgrading to a bigger engine (2.5-liter) while keeping the gas mileage level touting 26-mpg around the city and 35-mpg on the highway!
The CX-5 offers excellent driving dynamics with a simple interior design and plenty of cargo space. Here are some reviews and awards from the automotive field:
- "5-Year Cost to Own Awards - Mazda has the most affordable five-year cost of ownership of all automotive manufacturers according," Kelly Blue Books
- "The electric power steering is precise and evenly weighted. The brake pedal is firm and progressive.... The CX-5 feels like a small, nimble car," Automobile Magazine
- "...the new CX-5 breathes sporty and fuel efficient life into the crowded crossover segment," Autobytel
- "Best small SUV," Car and Driver
- "The CX-5's chassis begs you to go faster than you should, an unusual trait in a compact crossover," Motor Trend
- "...it would be hard to argue that the 2013 Mazda CX-5 doesn't raise the bar for styling in the compact crossover segment thanks to its injection of Mazda's "zoom-zoom" spirit," Autobytel
It performed extremely well in the crash safety tests and earned the full Five-Star overall rating from NHTSA. It is also the top pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) giving consumers peace of mind with six airbags and a stability system with traction control.
When comparing the CX-5 to the Ford Escape, Automobile Magazine stated: "The CX-5's new 2.5-liter SkyActiv I-4 engine has...eroded the Escape's only remaining advantage: speed." Other amenities included: comfort. Passengers in the backseat will be able to stretch out much more in the Mazda CX-5 than in the Ford Escape, due to its greater head and leg room. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) on the Ford Escape is more expensive than the Mazda CX-5. Another consideration is the Destination Charge, the standard charge for transporting the vehicle to the dealer from where it's built: the Destination Charge for the Ford Escape is much higher than that for the Mazda CX-5. If all of the above is not enough for the average consumer to consider, the CX-5 brags of fuel savings as follows:
CX-5 Fuel Savings
You could save the following amounts with the CX-5 compared to these vehicles over three years:
CX-5 vs. Honda CRV $ 716.18
CX-5 vs. Hyundai Tuscan $ 993.10
CX-5 vs. Toyota Rav4 $1,293.10
Mazda is presently offering great lease pricing on the CX-5 during the month of September for $219 for 36 months! It is definitely the car to look consider when shopping for a crossover!