Forest Park, IL (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
Local insurance advisors at Forest Agency, encourage Illinois residents, especially parents, to recognize and celebrate September as National Baby Safety Month. Those who are parents to a newborn or toddler have all the reason in the world to celebrate.
The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) started Baby Safety Month in order to educate parents and caregivers on the importance of the safe use and selection of juvenile products. This campaign began in 1983, but it wasn't until 1991 that JPMA sponsored the first “Baby Safety Awareness Month” in September. Forest Agency believes in this initiative and in turn, shows its support.
To recognize Baby Safety Month, Forest Agency has put together a list of tips for all parents:
- Keep a baby on its back while it sleeps and make sure that the crib is comfortable, free of choking/suffocation hazards, sturdy, and properly maintained.
- The use of baby monitors and cameras are encouraged in order to keep an ear and eye out
- Put up baby gates in the appropriate areas at home.
- Never leave a baby unattended in the tub/sink to prevent an injury or drowning. According to the CDC, drowning is a leading cause of death for infants.
- Make sure all baby toys are inspected for damages, sharp edges, small pieces and the likes before use.
- Pick up small pieces that are within reach of children under three to avoid a choking hazard.
Keeping the above safety measures in mind is critical—no matter what month it is. Forest Agency believes that safety should always be a priority at home. As Illinois’ trusted insurance agency, its agents are committed to helping its clients and community reduce the risks at home or even in the workplace. To learn more about the agency or to receive a free home insurance quote, visit its website or call 888-635-6651.
About Forest Agency, Inc.:
Starting as a one-person operation in 1957, Forest Agency has grown into a family of over 3,000 clients over the years. In Illinois, residents and business owners alike can get customized insurance solutions for personal and business lines, as well as specialized services in Aviation. When it comes to the needs of its customers, Forest Agency goes above and beyond – providing more choices, integrity and a personal advocate for each of its customers.