Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) September 11, 2013
The Georgia Chapter of HIMSS will hold their premier education and networking event for health information technology professionals, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA. Last year’s conference drew 450 attendees representing healthcare organizations from across the state as well as leading professional associations, vendors and consultants.
- Conference Opening: Georgia Lt. Governor Casey Cagle; “Georgia’s Healthcare State of the Union”
- Morning Keynote: Georgia Healthcare CIO Roundtable
- Afternoon Keynote: Janet Marchibroda; Chair - Health Information Technology Initiative, Bipartisan Policy Center; “Health IT Capabilities Needed to Achieve High Performance and New Models of Care”
Over 20 education breakout sessions on a variety of operational and strategic topics are offered throughout the daylong event. This year’s spotlight on Georgia’s innovative health information technology initiatives includes:
- Update on the Georgia Health Information Network (Ga-HIN) and how value is realized when clinical information is being exchanged
- Demonstration of MyJourney Compass, a national pilot developed in Rome, GA for patient engagement and improved outcomes in cancer care
- Panel discussions on Rural and Critical Access Hospitals using EHR and telehealth technologies to impact care for underserved populations
Additionally, more than 60 exhibitors will also be available to demonstrate their solutions and answer questions.
The Georgia Healthcare and Regional Conference is an outstanding opportunity for Georgia’s healthcare IT professionals to network with their peers and learn how others are meeting the challenges of the changing healthcare economy.
- Online agenda and registration: http://www.healthcaretradefaire.com/Georgia/13/
- Conference Location: Georgia World Congress Center, Building C, Georgia Ballroom- third floor, downtown Atlanta, GA
- Date and Times: Thursday, September 26th, 2013 ; 7:15am to 4:00pm
About the Georgia Chapter of HIMSS
The Georgia Chapter of HIMSS (GA HIMSS) provides statewide leadership for the advancement and management of healthcare information and technology. GA HIMSS represents over 1700 healthcare IT professionals – including many key CIOs from the state’s largest hospitals and healthcare facilities. GA HIMSS is dedicated to improving Healthcare IT locally through advocacy, collaboration and education, and to ensure quality patient care throughout the state of Georgia.
HIMSS is a global cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better health through information technology (IT). HIMSS WorldWide encompasses more than 52,000 individuals, of which more than two-thirds work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations across the globe, plus over 600 corporations and 250 not-for-profit partner organizations, that share this cause.
GA HIMSS Board of Directors