Huntsville, Alabama (PRWEB) September 16, 2013
The AEgis Technologies Group, Inc., is pleased to announce the release of ADME WorkBench, a new software product for pharmacokinetic prediction. Newly available in 2013, ADME Workbench is a versatile software application providing flexible, robust pharmacokinetic modeling by integrating state-of-the-art absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion methods. Designed for research applications in pharmacology and toxicology, ADME WorkBench supports pharmacokinetic prediction from available in vitro and/or in vivo data for drugs and environmental chemicals. The ADME WorkBench user interface offers a highly optimized workflow for predictive pharmacokinetics, while allowing ample flexibility to adapt to specific research needs. The pharmacokinetic models used in ADME WorkBench are based on research resulting from the PhRMA CPCDC Initiative on Predictive Models of Human Pharmacokinetics, and described in a series of articles published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2011. Extension of the models and implementation in ADME WorkBench has resulted from an ongoing scientific collaboration between Dr. Patrick Poulin and AEgis Technologies.
"We are excited to provide drug discovery and toxicology scientists a powerful new platform implementing a wide variety of predictive PK techniques, and which doesn't depend on black-box proprietary models," said Director of acslX Product Development Conrad Housand. "This release is the culmination of over two years of collaboration, development and testing, and we look forward to incorporating even more capabilities in the coming months."
Current ADME Workbench capabilities include:
- Support for several state-of-the-art PK prediction techniques, including whole-body and lumped physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models, and allometry based on the Wajima approach
- PBPK models which include advanced multi-compartment GI uptake models, support for both linear and nonlinear kinetics, and an advanced liver model
- Support for end-user customization of any of the provided PBPK models
- A choice of prediction methods depending on availability of preclinical data determined either in vitro and/or in vivo in single or multiple species
- Ability to integrate values of ADME parameters predicted from a broad range of methods
- Ability to simulate a single compound or multiple compounds in batch mode
- Simulation of tissue concentration at the macro level (whole organ) and micro level (cell, interstitial fluid) either for the bound or unbound drug condition
About AEgis Technologies Group
AEgis Technologies is a privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, USA, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. The company’s M&S products and services include software for the pharmaceutical/risk assessment, industrial process, automotive, and military/aerospace markets. AEgis’ Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
AEgis has enjoyed steady growth with revenues increasing to $65 million in sales and employment of 325+ professionals. AEgis has been instrumental in the acceptance of M&S as a profession, as a graduate program of study among many colleges and universities and in the creation of an M&S standards and professional certification across the international M&S professional community-of-practice. Since its founding in 1989, AEgis is committed to honesty and integrity and was recognized for its honorable business practices by receiving the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Ethics Award. The company’s highly skilled work force is dedicated to building lasting relationships and providing superior products and services to our customers.
Follow us on Twitter @admewb
acslX and ADME WorkBench are a trademarks of The AEgis Technologies Group, Inc.