“This excellent book will appeal to a wide range of [readers] who seek a practical approach to technology and advice in how to maximize its use to grow and prosper.” -- Booklist
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
In Word of Mouse: 101+ Trends in How We Buy, Sell, Live, Learn, Work and Play (published today by Simon & Schuster), New York Times bestselling author, trend watcher and serial entrepreneur Marc Ostrofsky shows how virtually any business can succeed if they learn how to harness today’s top technology trends with these five tips:
1. Turn Your Data Into Dollars
Your database will prove to be one of your most valuable assets if you ever sell your business. New data analytics software can vastly expand and automate what you learn about your customers and contacts.
2. Extend Your Reach With QR Codes
Use QR codes to transform your business card, posters, flyers and giveaways from passive mediums into interactive ones
3. Clean Up Your Online Reputation
Companies like Reputation.com can quiet rampant online rumors about your business or stop them before they start.
4. Prepare For The Mobile Wallet
Make sure your business is prepared for the mobile wallet, a new technology that will soon allow your customers to pay you (and anyone) using mobile wallet software on their smartphone.
5. Leverage Powerful Apps including these top apps for businesses:
- SignNow: Instead of signing and returning documents by mail, sign it with your fingernail on your smartphone...hit return button. Done.
- Square: An app that turns a smart-phone into a cash register that takes credit cards.
- Camera to PDF: Instead of faxing documents, use your smartphone to snap photos of each of the pages to be sent out and hit send. The recipient gets a .pdf document in their inbox.
- eBAY: Yes, eBAY’s app has tens of thousands of businesses selling everything you need to run a business...typically at prices MUCH lower than retailers.
With scores more trends tips and inspiring stories, Word of Mouse will free you from technology intimidation, and will open your eyes to the technology mega trends that will determine your business' digital future.
About the Author:
Marc Ostrofsky is the New York Times bestselling author of Get Rich Click! He is an award-winning serial entrepreneur and domain-name investor best known for his world-record sale of the domain name Business.com for $7.5 million. His venture capital firm has created companies including CuffLinks.com, Blinds.com, eTickets, which together do well over $75 Million a year in revenue. He is one of the founders of the competitive telecom marketplace and the prepaid phonecard industry. He has appeared on “20/20”, “The View,” Today”, CNBC, CNN, and in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. He splits his time between Houston, Texas and Aspen, Colorado.