The U.S. State Department-run contest provides the once-in-a-lifetime chance to receive a prize package that includes up to $95,000 in grant awards, customized business support services, high-profile visibility on an international scale, and more.
New York, New York (PRWEB) September 12, 2013
Today, La Idea announced the comprehensive prize package for its business pitch competition. The U.S. State Department-run contest provides the once-in-a-lifetime chance to receive a prize package that includes up to $95,000 in grant awards, customized business support services, high-profile visibility on an international scale, and more. The Business Pitch Competition is accepting entries for the award for only two more weeks and will close the application, available at laidea.co, on September 20th.
The La Idea Business Pitch Competition award package includes:
- A grant award of up to $50,000 from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID);
- International media coverage provided by Univision, the largest Spanish-language media network;
- Pro-bono legal consultation from leading U.S. law firm Goodwin Procter;
- Financial management and growth analysis consultation from banking leader Capital One;
- A free .CO domain registration for 12 months plus a year of co-working office space at the new headquarters of .CO, the domain name of choice for innovators and entrepreneurs around the world;
- A one-hour "perfecting your pitch" consultation and entrepreneurial training with leading accelerator and incubator, VentureHive; and
- Website development and webhosting for 12 months from leading diversity technology firm Starfish*Global.
La Idea is proud to receive the support from these top-caliber organizations, which are equally excited to be working with finalists of the La Idea Business Pitch Competition. “Goodwin Procter’s Neighborhood Business Initiative is committed to providing low-income small businesses with pro bono legal services to help them sustain and grow their businesses. We are proud to be among the organizations contributing support services to the winners of the La Idea Business Pitch Competition,” said Anna Dodson, Partner at Goodwin Procter LLP.
About the Pitch Competition
The La Idea Business Pitch Competition is an opportunity for partnerships between entrepreneurs in the United States and Latin America to compete for up to $50,000 in grant awards and tailored business support services, valued at over $95,000. Ten partnerships will receive a coveted spot in the competition’s finalist event, to be covered by Univision News, La Idea’s official media partner, where they will pitch their business idea live in front of a panel of celebrity judges.
The La Idea Business Pitch Competition is a component of La Idea, a program that empowers entrepreneurs within the Latin American diaspora to cultivate and grow innovative businesses and start-ups that will generate employment and economic growth throughout the Americas.
La Idea is a public-private partnership between the U.S. State Department, the U.S. Agency for International Development, Boom Financial, Inter-American Development Bank, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Small Business Administration, Univision News, WellSpace, Accion, and FHI 360. In 2012, it was announced as key initiative of President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
For more information on The La Idea Business Pitch Competition and free business advisory services for applicants visit LaIdea.co.