Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) September 16, 2013
Eltima Software has announced the official release of USB Network Gate: http://www.eltima.com/products/usb-over-ethernet/. All three versions are updated - for Windows, Mac and Linux - with numerous new features and significant improvements.
USB Network Gate allows you to work with remote USB devices from your local computer over Internet/LAN/WAN as if those devices were plugged in your machine directly. It is possible to share a USB device with remote computers no matter how far they are and let people all over the world use this device as if it were physically present at their computers.
New version of USB Network Gate has a greatly improved sharing mechanism and application’s speed and stability. It now has a network traffic compression to speed up interaction with devices. Moreover each version received numerous improvements according to OS types and their requirements:
- USB Network Gate for Windows:
- Support of numerous USB devices (AVM FRITZ!Card USB, ISDN terminal adapter, etc.);
- Improved support of USB 3.0 devices;
- Improved support for interactive pen displays & digital drawing tablets, etc.
- USB Network Gate for Mac:
- Completely redesigned UI and Apple’s Retina displays support;
- Support for USB 3.0 devices running on USB 3.0 ports;
- Shared USB devices are now automatically detected by the client and are added to the list of available devices, etc.
- USB Network Gate for Linux:
- The server part of USB Network Gate is now reimplemented fully in userspace using usbfs and USB Network Gate daemon can be launched without kernel module loading (important for ARM boards, mobile phones, etc.). Code running and debugging have been much simplified;
- Added network traffic compression to speed up interaction with the device;
- Network latency issue fixed for USB Wi-Fi & network adapters.
USB Network Gate possibilities in general:
- Sharing of USB device with others over local network or Internet using single application;
- Accessing shared USB devices in remote desktop session;
- Sharing of unlimited number of USB devices;
- Works on virtual machines;
- Secure connection via authorization and traffic encryption;
- Possibility to specify the exact TCP port for connection, etc.
With USB Network Gate it is possible to share USB devices over the network between Macs, Windows, and Linux computers. Meaning USB Network Gate is completely cross-platform now. All versions are available for download at publisher’s website: http://www.eltima.com/products/usb-over-ethernet/.