I’m thrilled that Anchor is joining forces with eFolder
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) September 16, 2013
eFolder, a leading supplier of cloud backup, BDR, and business continuity solutions, today announced that it has acquired Anchor Box LLC, a fast-growing startup providing file sync and share software tailored for MSPs, VARs, and cloud providers. With this acquisition, eFolder becomes the only channel-focused vendor that provides a complete solution suite for cloud backup, BDR services, and cloud file sync from a single supplier.
This acquisition enables eFolder to supply MSPs with a comprehensive and compliant cloud file sync solution that meets the unique requirements of the IT channel. Today, businesses of all sizes struggle with data leakage, security, and compliance risks created by the rapid adoption of consumer-grade file sync solutions in the workplace. MSPs are well positioned to help clients replace consumer-grade solutions with business-class file sync offerings that meet the control, security, and compliance needs of businesses.
Together, the combined eFolder and Anchor offering will supply MSPs with:
- An easy to use sync and share solution that delivers users anytime and anywhere access to files, across any device, be it smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer, or on the web from any web browser
- Anchor's unique file server enablement feature, which allows partners to take clients’ existing legacy file servers and immediately cloud-enable the data
- A solution with must-have business features, such as end-to-end data encryption, secure file sharing with guest users, Active Directory and Outlook integration, hierarchical policy enforcement, and remote wipe of lost devices
- Access to key MSP-focused features, such as true multi-tenant management and monitoring, RMM and PSA integration, and full white label branding with wholesale monthly billing
- Integration with eFolder’s massive cloud infrastructure that has proven itself over the years to be reliable, secure, and compliant with regulations such as HIPAA
- Flexibility to deploy the Anchor software in a client’s private cloud, a partner’s own cloud, or on eFolder’s storage cloud
- A competitive wholesale pricing model that enables recurring revenue with market-leading gross margins
“I’m thrilled that Anchor is joining forces with eFolder,” stated Phillip Long, CEO of Business Information Solutions, Inc., of Mobile, AL. “We have long been an eFolder partner and we recently just added Anchor to our portfolio. The Anchor software solves key security challenges for our clients, delivers powerful management features that are essential to our MSP business model, and has become a highly profitable new recurring revenue stream for us.”
“This is a big win for eFolder partners and the IT channel at large,” said Kevin Hoffman, CEO of eFolder. “MSPs want it all – cloud file sync features that business users demand, vast amounts of cloud storage, multi-tenant management and branding, security and HIPAA compliance, PSA integration, wholesale pricing that leads to big margins, and a vendor that is deeply committed to the channel and won’t compete directly. eFolder and Anchor are now uniquely positioned to deliver it all. This acquisition is a perfect match – we’re both exclusively focused on the needs of MSPs and VARs. Our companies share a passion for building services that meet the distinctive needs of the IT channel, as well as for taking a personalized approach to helping our partners win. Together, Anchor and eFolder create an unbeatable combination for MSPs targeting the fast-growing file sync and share space. Anchor also has a management team with deep channel roots. We’re excited to have them join our team.”
“Teaming up with eFolder was a logical choice,” said Bryan Forrester, VP of Business Development for Anchor. “eFolder’s reputation for reliability and good service and massive cloud infrastructure supply the essential ingredients that will allow us to scale even more rapidly to serve thousands of MSP partners with the Anchor solution. Plus, eFolder has a stellar channel reputation and we knew our channel partners would be thrilled.”
The Anchor solution is available immediately in either private cloud or SaaS deployment options from http://www.anchorworks.com
eFolder is a leading supplier of cloud data protection, business continuity, and cloud file sync solutions for MSPs, solution providers, and VARs. Delivered as wholesale services to the channel, eFolder enables its partners to provide branded data protection and file sync services and to generate highly profitable, recurring revenue. eFolder services complement many of the managed service offerings already deployed by partners and integrate with common PSA systems, making adoption of eFolder services fast and easy. eFolder also empowers cost-effective partner and end-user private clouds, allowing partners to meet the needs of any client, regardless of size or readiness to engage in public cloud services.
Anchor is the only comprehensive file synchronization platform built exclusively for MSPs, VARs, and IT service providers. Anchor is available on Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, and on the web, and can be delivered through public or private cloud models. Anchor was founded in 2011 and is privately financed. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Anchor was awarded “Best Newcomer” at IT Nation’s 2012 Partner’s Choice Awards. For more information, please call 415-541-9002 or visit http://www.anchorworks.com
eFolder Social Media Links:
VP of Marketing, eFolder
ehulsy at efolder dot net
eFolder is a trademark of eFolder, Inc. in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.