Santa Barbara, CA (PRWEB) September 16, 2013
Celebrate the best of the Santa Barbara South Coast’s cuisine, libations and culture during the month-long culinary extravaganza epicure.sb. The 5th anniversary of this popular event celebrates the Spirit of Santa Barbara with over 100 ways to crave, toast and explore the bounty of the region. With 31 days, 67 events, 17 prix fixe menus, 16 hotel packages and more to come, visitors have an assortment of ways to explore the epicurean side of Santa Barbara.
This year, epicure.sb takes center stage on Visit Santa Barbara’s social media channels. The month-long celebration is denoted as #epicuresb on Twitter, will appear on Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram, and will be the subject of a special Facebook sweepstakes. To help commemorate the event’s 5th Anniversary, fans of Santa Barbara will be invited to participate in a memory card match-style online game that will feature event participants, special events, and specific messaging. Once users have completed the game, they can enter to win the grand prize — a return visit to Santa Barbara to enjoy epicure.sb in 2014.
Each year epicure.sb gains popularity, and this year is no exception with 89+ participants, and a total of 100+ offerings. Locals and visitors can choose from special events, distinctive dining experiences and exclusive hotel packages. Recent additions to the program include:
- Plates of Indonesia (Oct. 7-9, 14-16) – Sama Sama Kitchen will take diners on a food tour back in time. Explore the different countries that have settled in Indonesia over the course of 1,000 years and how the Dutch, Portuguese and Chinese have influenced the indigenous cuisine of Indonesia.
- Secret Sundays: A Smorgasbord Speakeasy (Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27) – Enjoy a secret menu on Sunday’s at The Blue Owl if you know the password. The theme changes weekly with the final Sunday featuring a smorgasbord of 10 different pies. Patrons that answer the weekly riddle can stay longer.
- New Noise Music Festival (Oct. 17-19) – Also celebrating its 5th anniversary, this unique festival hosts more than 100 artists and music industry speakers over three days. New Noise aims to be fun, creative and educational – giving artists and participants the resources and opportunities to perform and learn in a professional and inventive setting.
- Funk Zone Arts Festival (Oct. 19) – Discover the hidden, and not-so-hidden, treasures of the Funk Zone at this 2nd Annual Arts Festival. Experience first-hand the neighborhood’s unique culinary and cultural offerings including food and wine specials, exclusive dining experiences, and guided tours of the area's creative community. Attendees will leave with a better understanding of this vibrant area.
- 5th Annual Sensational Seafood (Oct. 10) – At the Ty Warner Sea Center’s sunset celebration, explore the delicious ways one’s choices can protect the ocean’s health. Crave and savor sustainability while tasting the wonderful variety of seafood harvested around Santa Barbara. Get some food-for-thought while meting local fisherman and chefs who are leading the way to a more sustainable future.
- Distilling the Spirits and Tastes of Santa Barbara (Oct. 8) – Join Spare Parts and Cutler’s Artisan Spirits for a one-of-a-kind evening. Learn creative ways to infuse the evening’s entrees, made from fresh and local ingredients, with Cutler’s unique spirits. Guests will also sip on signature Cutler Cocktails made by the founder of Santa Barbara’s first legal distillery, Ian Cutler.
- Date Night at Salt (Oct. 25) – Enjoy a special night out with your loved one at Salt. Relax in their gorgeous Himalayan salt cave watching the Academy Award nominated film “Chocolat” while indulging in their artisan salted chocolate truffles and sipping bubbly.
- Family Fun at La Cumbre Plaza (every Friday in October) – Friday’s throughout October bring the entire family for hands on events that include making jam, brownies, beaded bracelets and caramel apples. Check out the weekly Local Artisans Market happening at the same time.
- Eat Local Challenge (Oct. 1-31) – Edible Santa Barbara is partnering with the Community Environmental Council, Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market and the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County to encourage people to only eat locally grown and produced food during the month of October.
The Santa Barbara Conference & Visitors Bureau and Film Commission presents epicure.sb: a month to savor santa barbara, visit http://www.epicuresb.com for hotel package details, a comprehensive event schedule and a complete list of participating businesses. Epicure.sb is designed to celebrate Santa Barbara’s abundant and diverse epicurean offerings. The annual promotion builds off of established foodie-friendly community events that take place in October, while offering additional programming that showcases regional cuisine, libations and culture.
ABOUT SANTA BARBARA
Featured on the cover of Travel + Leisure in May 2013 and voted Best Getaway by L.A. Times Readers’ Choice Awards in 2012, Santa Barbara is located just 92 miles north of Los Angeles and 332 miles south of San Francisco, on the Pacific coastline. Visitors can arrive via scenic Highway 101, train, bus or by flying into Santa Barbara Municipal Airport or Los Angeles International Airport. For travel and accommodation information and to request a free copy of the official Santa Barbara County Visitors Magazine, contact Visit Santa Barbara at 800.676.1266, 805.966.9222, tourism(at)santabarbaraca.com or http://www.SantaBarbaraCA.com. Visitor information is also available at the Visitor Center, 1 Garden Street (at Cabrillo Boulevard).
Stay informed about Santa Barbara news with our Media Center, press releases and blog, TheSBPost.com. Just getting to know Santa Barbara? The Media Field Guide is a great place to start. Planning a research visit? Use the Press Trip Request form to get the process started. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for daily updates, and visit our Mobile Site for on-the-go information about dining, wine, accommodations, events, attractions and more.