'We are excited to deliver the industry's first comprehensive, end-to-end platform that will bring event managers much closer to their participants and attendees, resulting in more successful events.' - Randy Smith, SmartCrowdz co-founder
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
SmartCrowdz announced today the public launch of its event marketing, management and monetization application. SmartCrowdz was specifically designed to provide event managers with a comprehensive, integrated event management solution that allows them to handle all aspects of an event from managing their staff and volunteers to building and engaging their audience to providing a wide range of options to monetize their events.
“Up until now, event managers have been forced to cobble together many disparate components to manage their events, including social media, messaging, task management, map and e-commerce platforms, among others," said Randy Smith, co-founder and Managing Partner of SmartCrowdz. "We are excited to deliver the industry's first comprehensive, end-to-end platform that will bring event managers much closer to their participants and attendees, resulting in more successful events."
Specifically, SmartCrowdz helps event managers work with their participants and attendees by:
- Marketing – helping to build larger crowds and better engagement through its private-labeled event websites and its invitation, photo gallery and social media components;
- Managing – efficiently managing multiple staff, participant and attendee roles through robust task management, interactive mapping, messaging and scheduling functionality; and
- Monetizing – providing a wide-range of event monetization opportunities, including donations, sponsorships, map advertising, ticket sales and more.
“SmartCrowdz is really about building dynamic event communities. Today, event applications have to do more than just offer registration and ticketing tools,” said Mike Lanese, co-founder and Managing Partner of SmartCrowdz. “To meet the needs of professional and volunteer event managers, a complete event application also has to provide functionality to help engage participants, inform attendees and manage staff and volunteers – before, during and after the event. And it all has to be done in one place without any complex setup.”
Prior to its public launch, several event organizations successfully used SmartCrowdz to manage their events, including the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission and Stonewall Columbus. The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission (“GCSC”) named SmartCrowdz the “official app of the 2013 National Senior Games,” which took place this past July and involved hundreds of volunteers and thousands of athletes and attendees. At the conclusion of the Games, the GCSC stated that SmartCrowdz was simple, effective and performed impressively for such a large event. Specifically, the GCSC cited several core SmartCrowdz components that provided benefits to its team, participating athletes and attendees, including:
- the user-friendly map to help athletes and attendees find competition locations,
- the online event schedule that was updated in real-time to allow competitors and fans to plan their day,
- real-time messaging between staff, volunteers, athletes and attendees announcing schedule changes or other critical information,
- the photo gallery that allowed athletes and attendees to share their experiences throughout the Games.
SmartCrowdz is able to work with all types of events, including entertainment, fundraisers, conferences and more. The company is targeting four initial segments in its push to the market: Youth Sports Leagues, Charities, College Athletics and Sports Commissions.
The SmartCrowdz solution is available for free to event managers and participants on the web, as well as the mobile applications for Apple and Android. SmartCrowdz has launched with the unique business model where event organizations are not charged a license fee to use SmartCrowdz.
Founded in Columbus, Ohio, in 2013, SmartCrowdz provides and integrates all requisite technologies (task management, mapping, social media, electronic communications, digital payments and more) required to effectively market, manage and monetize events in one easy-to-use application. Whether you represent a charity, local government, youth sports league or any other organization, SmartCrowdz is here to ensure your next event is a tremendous success.