Those who take advantage of the tools will find this resource to be an invaluable time-saver.
Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
AAPC (http://www.aapc.com), the leader in advancing the business of healthcare, has launched a new online code lookup tool: AAPC Coder – an all-inclusive search engine for CPT®, ICD-9, ICD-10, and HCPCS Level II medical codes. To help the healthcare industry become familiar with the features of this new resource, AAPC has opened free access to the web software through the end of the year (December 31, 2013).
“We are excited to offer AAPC Coder free to the healthcare industry,” said Dixon Davis, AAPC VP of Products. “Those who take advantage of the tools will find this resource to be an invaluable time-saver.”
AAPC Coder also provides the following features:
- Modifier Power Pack – Quickly identify the allowed modifiers for CPT® and HCPCS Level II codes
- CPT® ↔ HCPCS – Identify the most common HCPCS Level II codes billing with a selected CPT® code, and vice-versa
- CCI Edits Checker – Determine which code combinations are bundled and when modifiers are allowed
- LCD Lookup – Eliminate medical necessity denials with access to all LCDs, allowed ICD-9-CM codes, and complete policy texts
- CMS Fee Schedules – Access the national and local CMS fee schedules
- ICD-9-CM CrossRef - Identify the most common ICD-9-CM (volume 1) codes reported for a selected CPT® code, and vice-versa
- Coding Newsletter – Receive up-to-date coding articles in the specialty of your choice
- Coding Survival Guides – Review coding guidelines and examples for top procedures, diagnoses, and more
Visit http://www.aapc.com/code for a free trial of AAPC Coder through December 31, 2013.
AAPC (http://www.aapc.com) is the nation’s largest training and credentialing association for the business of healthcare, with more than 120,000 members representing physician offices, outpatient facilities, and payer organizations. AAPC certifications validate the knowledge and expertise of healthcare professionals in disciplines including medical coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management. AAPC offers the industry-leading Certified Professional Coder (CPC®), Certified Professional Biller (CPB™), Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA®), Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO™), and Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM®) credentials, along with more than 20 specialty-specific coding credentials. AAPC also provides a wide variety of continuing education, resources, and networking opportunities.