NanoMarkets Announces Release of New Report, "Worldwide Medical Polymer Markets 2013-2020"
According to a new report from industry analyst firm NanoMarkets, the global medical polymer market will grow from $2.3 billion (USD) in 2013 to over $3.5 billion in 2018.
Glen Allen, VA (PRWEB) September 18, 2013
According to a new report from industry analyst firm NanoMarkets, the global medical polymer market will grow from $2.3 billion (USD) in 2013 to over $3.5 billion in 2018. The report titled, “Worldwide Medical Polymer Markets 2013-2020” identifies the current and future opportunities in the medical polymers space and provides guidance on the technical and regulatory framework in which these opportunities are arising.
The report also includes granular eight-year forecasts and an analysis of the complete supply chain for medical polymers. Firms addressed within the report include, Bayer MaterialScience, Celanese, Dow Corning, Dow Chemical, DSM, DuPont, Eastman Chemical, Evonik, Solvay and others.
Details about the report are available at:
From the Report:
Implants currently consume about half the medical polymers produced and are expected to account for around $1.6 billion in polymer sales by 2018. Polymers have been penetrating the implant market because they are lower cost and lighter weight than metal alternatives, such as titanium. The report also indicates that increased use of medical imaging is creating further demand for polymers.
- According to the new NanoMarkets report, sales of polymers for diagnostic systems will reach $1.04 billion in 2018. In vitro diagnostics account for 50,000 to 60,000 metric tons of specialized and commodity plastics every year. Most diagnostic procedures today are rapid, multi-assays, and plastics have become indispensable. The growth prospects in this sector are thus particularly strong.
- The report claims that PMMA, PS/styrenics, and PP are the leading medical polymers based on revenue accounting for around 26 percent of the market in 2013. There are also some high-value niches appearing in the market. Commercial elastomers that provide a “soft touch” are being used to coat accessories, such as catheters, gloves, and syringes, in order to impart a soft touch feel. Their use is expected to grow in intravenous drug delivery systems, cardio systems, and blood collection devices.
- The last decade has seen the rise of biodegradable polymers. The current trend suggests that in the near future, entire prostheses will be developed from these materials. While they will not be used to manufacture diagnostic products, biodegradable polymers will be incorporated into implants and some clinical labware. There is some additional interest in discovering new biodegradable polymers for medical applications, but investment in this area is limited due to the need to complete extensive long-term studies in order to validate new materials.
About the Report:
This new report provides the necessary strategic insight into how the polymer industry can best generate new business revenues in medical applications and where the medical device industry can expect polymer materials to make their greatest impact. This report which polymers are likely to do best in the medical environment. This study also contains detailed eight-year forecasts in volume (Kg) and value terms.
Readers of this report will gain the following:
- An analytical review of polymers used for medical applications, including developing implants, diagnostic systems, and hospital labware.
- Knowledge on current technical and market trends, including general market drivers for improvement in the healthcare sector, polymer production, and evaluation for clinical approval.
- An understanding of key medical products and their future implications.
- A pin-pointed analysis of the changing dynamics of polymer producers.
- Eight–year forecasts based on expected market growth.
- A brief technological road map for understanding industry growth.
- Profiles of major companies operating as manufacturers of medical polymers.
- Insight into important geographical locations pertaining to polymer and healthcare sectors.
- Information on the size of the medical polymer market in developed nations and the fast-growing economies in Asia, such as China and India.
- Details of the regulatory requirements of these countries for producing high-quality, medically approved polymers and their use in various applications.
- Help in making business decisions for venturing into the medical polymer market.
- Descriptive and distinctive graphics, along with concise, tabular analyses of various domains.
NanoMarkets tracks and analyzes emerging markets in medical, energy, electronics and other area created by developments in advanced materials. The firm is a recognized leader in industry analysis and forecasts of in the transparent conductor industry and has been actively involved in
Visit http://www.nanomarkets.net for a full listing of NanoMarkets' reports and other services.