From industrial products to trackers, the Mobilize Product Showcase finalists are showing us just how far we can take connected devices. They’re the ones to watch as the Internet of Things continues to evolve.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, has announced the finalists of its inaugural Mobilize Product Showcase, a competition featuring the most exciting innovations in connected hardware. Taking place October 16-17 in San Francisco, Mobilize 2013 will examine the challenges and opportunities presented by the burgeoning Internet of Things.
The eight finalists below will take the stage at Mobilize to showcase new products that are poised to change everyday life:
- Ayla Networks is a cloud provider that offers customers a module that allows them to get their devices online quickly and connected to the Ayla cloud.
- Azumio makes the Argus Instant Heart Rate and Instant Fitness apps that turn the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch into a fitness tracker.
- Linquet is a tracking product that uses Bluetooth LE to help consumers find their devices. It will not only track the object, but will alert the consumer if something is moving out of range.
- Lively is using sensors and smart algorithms to track senior citizens’ health and habits without intrusive cameras or motion trackers.
- Phone Halo’s TrackR attaches to devices so they can be tracked from an iPhone or Android.
- Rachio is a smart home-irrigation hub that learns what a lawn needs based on the weather and its owner’s habits.
- Revolv is a home hub that links a variety of different connected devices and lets their owners program them to interact with each other.
- SigSense Technologies brings field-service instruments to the connected world by integrating pluggable instruments, mobile devices and cloud services.
“From industrial products to trackers, the Mobilize Product Showcase finalists are showing us just how far we can take connected devices,” said Stacey Higginbotham, senior writer for GigaOM and co-chair of Mobilize. “They’re the ones to watch as the Internet of Things continues to evolve.”
Following the on-stage presentations, the Product Showcase winner will be selected by a panel of venture capitalists and journalists. Conference attendees will have a chance to select the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
Now in its sixth year, Mobilize will focus on the business and technical opportunities arising from the growth of connected devices. Speakers include:
- Simon Segars, ARM Holdings
- Glenn Lurie, AT&T
- Joanna Lambert, American Express
- Olof Schybergson, Fjord
- Eric Migicovsky, Pebble
- Rich Miner, Google Ventures
- Todd Yellin, Netflix
- Alex Hawkinson, SmartThings
- Scott Miller, Dragon Innovation
- Bridget Dolan, Sephora
- Mike Kuniavsky, PARC
- Hugo Fiennes, Electric Imp
- Dennis Miloseski, Samsung Design America
- Melissa Stevens, Citi
See the full list of speakers and sessions here.
Event attendees will receive a complimentary GigaOM Research Sector RoadMap™ report and will have access to exclusive mapping sessions led by GigaOM Research analysts. A limited number of tickets are still available. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#mobilizeconf) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Some of the most influential companies in mobile have already signed on as Mobilize sponsors, including Accellion, ArcSoft, Carriots, Citrix, Ericsson, HP, Intel, netbiscuits, Qualcomm, Salesforce, Synchronoss, xively and YP. Sponsorships are expected to sell out. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or 415 235 0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
About GigaOM Events
GigaOM events bring the people and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage. Through a combination of strong editorial content and face time with technology innovators, GigaOM events give attendees the tools they need to capitalize on emerging trends.