Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 19, 2013
Health insurance plans are the nation’s most powerful drivers of U.S. health, wellness, productivity and financial security — insuring more than 250 million people, employing more than 500,000 people and generating $500 billion in revenues. But as key provisions of the Affordable Care Act take effect, substantial changes are underway throughout the industry. Now available from health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services, Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2013-2014, the latest edition of its best-selling annual book, serves as a summary report on the state of the U.S. health insurance industry, with coverage on topics from benefit design and management strategies to corporate financial results and enrollment.
Over 17 chapters, this unique, well-organized resource tracks important trends and developments that are reshaping the health care industry, such as:
- New types of products — and a slew of new restrictions — that will be sold on newly constructed health insurance marketplaces to a population that has never been insured before.
- Management tactics — such as disease management and wellness initiatives, employer strategies for reducing costs, accountable care organization launches, and the pricing and development of products in both public and private insurance exchanges.
- Strategies and markets — with in-depth looks at enrollment and market share trends, product launches, and market expansions into managed Medicaid, and the overseas and youth markets, as well as a look at Blue Cross Blue Shield plan trends.
- Industrywide trends —including rate-setting practices, network administration, defined-contribution models, communications with consumers, and medical loss ratio rebates.
- Business news — with synopses of mergers and acquisition activity, financial and stock market performance, lobbying activity, executive compensation, and antitrust lawsuits and ‘Most Favored Nation’ clauses.
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data also includes listings of federal, state and regional health insurance officials for fast reference.
In addition to a printed book, Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data is also available as a CD, containing all of the information in the print version in a user-friendly, searchable PDF format. Plus, all CD purchasers receive a free copy of the print version.
For more information on Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2013-2014, including a full table of contents, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/health-plan-facts-trends-and-data.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars, and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.