London, UK (PRWEB) September 18, 2013
During 2008-2012, the sales of tissue and hygiene products in South Africa were constrained by widespread poverty and strong income disparity in the country. Toilet paper is the dominant segment of the South African tissue and hygiene market in terms of total volume sales. Various governmental regulations and initiatives along with intensifying price competition spur the development of the domestic tissue and hygiene market.
Proctor & Gamble and Kimberly-Clark are the leading companies operating in the country’s tissue and hygiene market. Supermarkets form the major distribution channel for tissue and hygiene products in South Africa. The domestic tissue and hygiene market is poised to experience much slower constant value growth through 2017 if compared with 2008-2012, mainly due to the intensifying price competition in the market.
Topical research study “Tissue and Hygiene in South Africa” drawn up by Euromonitor International Ltd has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Tissue and Hygiene in South Africa
Published: August, 2013
Price: US$ 2,400.00
The report presents an insightful guide to the tissue and hygiene market in South Africa. It uncovers vital actual and historical information on the industry performance, provides retail sales statistics for 2008-2012 and examines key factors driving and restraining the market growth. The research study identifies sectors with high growth potential, offers insights into the competitive landscape, discloses data on the leading market players and brands, and also discusses important market trends and issues. In addition, the future outlook for the South African tissue and hygiene market is available in the study.
Products covered in the study include: away-from-home tissue and hygiene, retail tissue and hygiene, total tissue and hygiene.
- In-depth analysis of the tissue and hygiene market in South Africa.
- Historical and present data on the industry performance.
- Clear picture of the present situation in the market.
- Retail sales statistics for 2008-2012.
- Review of the top market trends and discussion of the burning issues.
- Description of the competitive scenario.
- Details on the leading companies and brands.
- Analysis of the main market drivers and restraints.
- Future forecast for the South African tissue and hygiene market.
More insightful research reports by the publisher can be found at Euromonitor International page.