Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) September 18, 2013
Bellucci Premium responds to an article that shares the top 8 reasons why the Mediterranean diet is beneficial to health and a great diet to adopt.
According to a Yahoo! Shine article published on September 13th titled “You'll Live Longer — and 7 More Compelling Reasons to Jump on the Mediterranean Diet Trend,” the Mediterranean diet can be life changing for certain individuals. The unsaturated fats in olive oil and nuts, the omega-3 fatty acids in fish,and the antioxidants found in the other ingredients in the diet have considerable benefits.
The article shares 8 reasons to adhere to the Mediterranean diet:
- Cognitive function - You are less likely to develop brain infarcts if you follow the Mediterranean diet. Brain infarcts are areas of dead tissue which can harm your cognitive functions, such as thinking and memory. Natalie Sexenian, marketing manager for Tuscan olive oil producer Bellucci Premium, says that an olive oil rich diet can help improve other cognitive functions as well. “Following this diet can also help prevent diseases that affect cognitive functions like Alzheimer’s.”
- Strong bones - According to research, adhering to the Mediterranean diet or another diet that is rich in foods such as olive oil and fish can help preserve bone mass.
- Less likely to be depressed - A study conducted in Spain showed that eating a Mediterranean diet could decrease the chances of being depressed. Those who follow the diet are 30% less at risk of developing depression.
- Better Sleep - Combining physical activity with the Mediterranean diet can improve some symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Heart Healthy - According to the article, “One study found that a Mediterranean diet supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil or tree nuts reduces the risk of cardiovascular death, myocardial infarctions and strokes by up to 30%.” Sexenian adds, “The Mediterranean diet can also help decrease the risk of heart disease.”
- Lower blood sugar levels - The Mediterranean diet can offer some protection against the development of type II diabetes due to its low glycemic index.
- Fight Illness - The article notes that “people who stuck strictly to a Mediterranean diet had significant improvements in their health, including a 13% reduction in incidence of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease, and a 6% reduction in cancer.”
- Live Longer - According to the article, there is a 20% chance of living longer if you follow the Mediterranean diet. This information was determined from a large study over a 40 year period. “With all of the benefits that the Mediterranean diet provides health-wise, it is no surprise that it may result in increasing the longevity of your life,” adds Sexenian.
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.