The breedingHQ website is a central resource that enables me to keep up with the latest techniques in corn breeding.
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) September 23, 2013
Farmers across the U.S. can now visit an interactive, new website to learn more about how the DEKALB® global breeding program impacts their farms. The new website, breedingHQ, (http://www.DEKALB.com/breeding), focuses on breeding innovation and advancements in an effort to help farmers maximize yield potential in every seed.
This cutting-edge breedingHQ website hosts information dedicated to corn breeding, including year-round genetic research, corn seed testing and a variety of videos highlighting the technology in action. Farmers can also navigate through breeder profiles, fun facts, breeding locations and other site features, including:
- A History of Corn: provides insight into the beginning of plant breeding, how the scientific process evolved and the basic principle of breeding.
- Breeding Fun Facts: Did you know one trillion corn plants would need to be created in order to find the correct combination of 20 different genes in a single plant?
- Exclusive Genetic Diversity: describes how the exclusive products are introduced each year by tapping an expansive foundation of germplasm from more than 30 countries, consistently supplying breeders with broadest genetic pool in the industry.
- Talented Breeders: explains the life of a breeder and gives detailed profiles.
- Technology at Work: explores best-in-class logistics delivering integrated solutions based on specifically bred products. Farmers can dive into the benefits of seed chipping and double haploid technology.
- The Future of Breeding: defines the promise of continuous innovation and quality in the fields of tomorrow and beyond.
“The DEKALB breeding program continues to update germplasm and gives us the latest in trait technology and seed selection,” said farmer Aaron Gingrich of Lovington, Ill. “By consistently receiving the latest products, we know we are getting high yielding genetics, which continue to help our profitability. The breedingHQ website is a central resource that enables me to keep up with the latest techniques in corn breeding.”
For more information, farmers can visit http://www.DEKALB.com/breeding.
About Monsanto Company
Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. To learn more about our business and our commitments, please visit: http://www.monsanto.com. Follow our business on Twitter® at http://www.twitter.com/MonsantoCo, on the company blog, Beyond the Rows at http://www.monsantoblog.com, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
DEKALB® and Monsanto and Vine Design® are registered trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC. ©2013 Monsanto Company.