Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) September 23, 2013
Ahern & Associates, the leading consulting company in transportation mergers and acquisitions has seen a record year as it works with its clients in one of the most embattled industries in America. So far in 2013 there have been a record number of clients seeking to consolidate their market position and merge or acquire other companies. Their operational review and business planning initiatives have also been much in demand with more business owners than ever seeking to leverage their business expertise to adapt to the challenging markets. As the final quarter of the year opens the trend looks set to continue with 10 targets for acquisition announced.
1. The first client is a repeat customer that has worked with Ahern before and is now looking to acquire platform companies with minimum annual revenue of approximately $100M. The client is willing to pay a multiple of EBITDA as well as acquire a percentage of the stock and ownership of the business. They are seeking to help grow the business by providing both the financial strength and the management depth needed to expand.
2. Their second announced client is a well-known transportation and logistics company looking to acquire freight brokers with revenues between $20M and $150M. They are looking for management to stay on board and continue to operate the business going forward.
3. A Medium-size Transportation Company currently generating approximately $60M in annual revenue is looking to acquire a company to strengthen their cross-border business. They are seeking companies that are profitable and preferably have a non-asset portion to their business and that have annual revenue between $5M and $20M and an average haul length of 1200 miles or more. They are seeking to close quickly, and want the management to stay and assist in growing the business with them.
4. Client is a nationally recognized transportation company, whose revenues exceed $700M, annually. Client is looking for light asset-based trucking companies consisting of refrigerated carriers, refrigerated freight brokers and over the road van/flatbed carriers with revenues of $10M to $250M.
5. Well-established trucking company whose revenues exceed $200M, is looking to expand in the State of California. Client would like to acquire freight brokers with $3M to $20M of annual revenue. The company will look at LTL carriers up to $50M in annual revenue. They are interested in acquiring non-asset-based van companies, (over the road), as well as agent driven businesses. However the seller must be based in the state of California. Client will also consider warehousing businesses that can move storage into their Los Angeles facility.
6. A family-owned, well-established Midwest company wants to expand. Currently, the family business generates approximately $75M in annual revenue. The company is extremely profitable and is looking to acquire refrigerated, non-asset based carriers that generate $5M to $15M of annual revenue or small freight brokers that have a desire to stay and grow the business. Client is willing to offer a quick close, but the company must be profitable and management must be willing to stay.
7. A well-established transportation company, primarily operating vans, is looking to increase their operating footprint in Kentucky, Carolinas, Georgia and the South East. The company currently operates approximately 950 tractors and is willing to look at companies that are marginally profitable. They are willing to acquire the assets of the business and pay for the customer base and have stated that they can move quickly.
8. A trucking company with annual revenue of $70M is looking to expand their operating footprint in Indiana, Georgia, Virginia, Florida and Kentucky. An ideal prospect will be a carrier that has older equipment; our client would be willing to add new equipment and liquidate the existing equipment. The client can move forward relatively quickly with profitable or marginally profitable companies.
9. A family operated flatbed business currently generating $20M to $25M of revenue is looking to expand their operating footprint in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Southeast or Southwest. They are seeking a company generating $5M to $15M of flatbed revenue that can be asset-based or non-asset-based. They are particularly seeking management who would be willing to continue to run the business after the sale.
10. Finally there is a family-owned and operated business in the Midwest looking to acquire a bulk tank carrier, preferably food grade. They are primarily interested in companies with a presence in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan with $5M to $15M of annual revenue with management looking to stay after the sale.
Ahern & Associates has a well-deserved reputation for success with deals of this type and with these deals already in the works and more on the way the wave of change that has been sweeping the industry as it responds to economic pressures and new legislation. If your company is a fit for any of these profiles or if you know of a company you can visit Ahern & Associates’ website at: http://www.ahern-ltd.com, or contact them at 602-242-1030.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability.
For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.ahern-ltd.com.