"Our most formative release to date, 2.1.4 takes data center inventory to the next level of speed and efficiency and gives our clients the opportunity to extend this efficiency to all their physical IT assets.
Bristol, PA (PRWEB) September 25, 2013
Asset VUE (http://www.assetvue.com/), a rapidly growing industry-innovator Data Center Asset Management focusing on the creation and delivery of Passive RFID based asset tracking technologies for use in data centers, announced today the official release of their most recent software platform, Asset VUE Inventory 2.1.4.
This long-anticipated release builds upon a core ease of use, efficient workflow process, tracking capability, and rack elevation diagram construction that combine to create accurate asset data and strategic reporting outputs. The overall impact from this set of capabilities often moves data center asset gathering from a laborious, manual task into an expedient and accurate activity that results in an assemblage of actionable asset information (http://www.youtube.com/datacenterrfid).
The primary capabilities in Asset VUE 2.1.4 include:
- Cloud infrastructure: Asset VUE Inventory has been completely re-architected to accommodate public Cloud, Private Cloud and Standalone operation giving each client complete flexibility.
- Non Data Center Assets: Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest ones – using the new scanning engine built into the 2.x framework, Asset VUE Inventory has expanded its reach to non-data center IT assets such as laptops, PC’s and printers, as well as inventory additional location types such as storage and warehouse.
- Quick Scan: The initial release of Asset VUE Inventory was geared to making the detailed Inventories that data centers need to complete 13X more efficient by answering both “Does my asset still exist” and “Where precisely in the cabinet/rack are my assets?”. With the addition of the Quick SCAN™ feature, the “Does my asset still exist?” nearly 37x faster than manual methods.
- Enhanced handheld features: Making audits in nearly any space, connected or disconnected from the network, is now possible with support for a full suite of handheld scanners.
- Asset Search: The filtering and look up features in Asset VUE 2.1.4 give any user with login rights the ability to look up details about and pinpoint the last known location of any asset. This feature has proven invaluable when a technician arrives for service.
Asset VUE will be demonstrating Asset VUE 2.1.4 for the first time publicly at the upcoming Webinar on September 26th at 2PM EST.
Click here for to participate in that event: http://www.assetvue.com/webinar_reg
About Asset VUE:
This Bristol, PA-based technology innovator has long been defined by and respected for its unique level of expertise, experience and intimate understanding of the challenges faced by data center management. Its founders and formative executive staff have spent over 85 years, collectively, assuming major responsibilities in data center leadership roles. That familiarity and subject-matter mastery has been a key differentiation for the solution and services the company provides to its client base. As a result, the company has enjoyed an expedited ascent towards being an enterprise provider through partnerships with marquee Fortune 100 organizations and a rapidly growing visibility and presence in enterprise software data center discussions and decisions.