San Jose, CA (PRWEB) September 24, 2013
Aicent, a leading provider of IP Exchange and LTE Roaming services for global mobile operators, today announced a partnership with LG U+, a leading South Korean telecommunications service provider, to bring powerful and seamless 4G connectivity to LG U+’s mobile subscribers as they travel between their home network in South Korea and international locations including Singapore and Hong Kong.
- As the demand for 4G services continues to increase at an exponential rate, so does the need for LTE roaming solutions that can simplify the complexities of global roaming by allowing for the enablement of protocol interworking across multiple mobile operators via a single interconnect point, in addition to moderating the impending signaling surge.
- With Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, LG U+ was able to quickly and efficiently roll-out LTE roaming in a cost-effective and scalable manner, while continuing to differentiate themselves in a highly competitive and expanding South Korean marketplace.
- An extension of their industry leading next-generation IPX network, Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange is supported by a comprehensive Diameter Signaling Service, designed to help alleviate the challenges LG U+ will face while transitioning to an all IP network by offering robust scalability, interoperability, security, routing, flexible mediation, and subscriber roaming management.
- Dong-Yeol Shin, Director of IR, LG U+
"With the expectations for 4G's rapid growth, it became crucial for LG U+ to partner with a proven and established leader in the development of a centralized IPX services for managing LTE, signaling, and roaming control. By working with Aicent we are able to quickly and easily implement an end-to-end managed solution that simplified roaming interconnects allowing for a positive user experience.”
- Jonny Kwon, General Manager Asia Pacific, Aicent, Inc.
"With explosive growth of LTE, it has become imperative for LG U+ and their position as a significant mobile operator in South Korea, to implement a powerful LTE roaming solution to support their subscribers’ increasing expectations for continuous access to 4G based applications while traveling abroad ̶ concurrently minimizing interworking complexities and maximizing revenue opportunities."
LG U+, Aicent, IPX, LTE Roaming, Roaming, Diameter Routing Platform, Diameter, International Roaming
Serving more than three billion mobile users around the world, Aicent, Inc., a TL 9000 certified organization, is a leading IPX provider of data network services and solutions for global mobile operators. To enable interoperability between Aicent customers and other networks, Aicent operates one of the largest mobile IPX network exchanges connecting to over 200 operators, including ten of the worlds’ largest. Through extensive peering arrangements, the Aicent network reaches nearly all 3G and 4G LTE operators around the world. The company's global IPX network operates an integrated mobile messaging exchange, value added data roaming and global reach infrastructure services, including the world’s first and largest multimedia messaging exchange, designed to help carriers maximize revenue opportunities. For more information, visit http://www.aicent.com.