New regulations from The Affordable Care Act, coupled with a lack of awareness and general confusion could be problematic for Americans.
Brea, California (PRWEB) September 25, 2013
Understanding the details of a health insurance policy can be difficult. With the rising cost of health care, however, understanding health insurance is something that many Americans not only want to understand, but need to understand. On January 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act and its subsequent regulations will move into additional phases of implementation. Open Enrollment for the new plans ACA-compliant plans will begin October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014, with all California medical insurance carriers. The most significant piece of this for all Americans: health insurance will now be a requirement. According to a March 2013 study from the Kaiser Family Foundation, this could be problematic since the majority of Americans do not understand health care or The Affordable Care Act.
New regulations from The Affordable Care Act, coupled with a lack of awareness and general confusion could be problematic for Americans: it could create prime opportunities for illegal scammers. At Partner Agency Insurance Services, Inc. the local insurance agents work hard to be certain California residents do not feel uniformed about fully insured medical coverage.
To prepare for the January 1, 2014 roll-out of the additional new laws, they have released a series of informative blog posts about the subject: Wellness Wednesday. They advise California residents to keep some of the following information in mind to avoid scams and understand health insurance when it comes to The Affordable Care Act:
- Health insurance is not the only thing that is changing; employers are also overhauling the type of benefits they offer to employees and the way in which they offer them.
- All employers with at least 50 or more full-time equivalent employees will be required by law to provide health insurance to employees.
- Within the Individual & Family plan offerings, there is a Catastrophic-only coverage option available for those who are up to age 30.
- All employers will be required by law to notify employees of: (1) The employer/employee cost of health benefits, (2) The existence of the benefits, (3) Notice that if the employee purchases health insurance through another qualified marketplace, he or she may lose benefits from the employer.
- Health coverage under the Affordable Care Act must cover the essential health benefits.
When it comes to the scams, the California insurance agents warn residents to be on the lookout for:
1. Discounted benefit plans which are not fully insured plans
2. Certain Mini-med plans
3. Legal and illegal plans
The best thing anyone can do is to talk with a personal insurance agent about their options for qualified health insurance. At Partner Agency Insurance Services, Inc. individual attention is the right dose of coverage for anyone. And with a name California residents can trust, The Affordable Care Act does not have to be something to worry about. Anyone with concerns — both individuals and any sized businesses – are encouraged to give the full-service agency a call at 800-514-0017 today. Licensed and Certified experts will assist you in making educated and informed decisions concerning you, your family or business plus enroll you with any California medical carrier, including Covered California which is the State Administration implementing the Federal Affordable Care Act mandates.
About Partner Agency Insurance Services, Inc.:
At Partner Agency Insurance Services, Inc., the number one priority is to go above and beyond for clients. As an independent insurance provider, it is able to give each and every client the one-on-one attention that he or she deserves. This way, its agents can accurately evaluate and cater to the specific needs of clients, even as those needs evolve over time. It can offer a wide variety of insurance solutions to the entire state of California, from personal lines as auto and homeowners to commercial packages as well as all facets of employer group benefits. Located in Brea, California, the agency is one of the largest and fastest growing full-service insurance brokerages throughout the region.